Jambands.ca

Ladies I need your help!

Mango

where's Magnum when you need him around here??

847749~Tom-Selleck-Posters.jpg

[color:blue]You rang! Magnum at your service!

Hey Mango, shouldn't you ask the boys or more specifically "The Magnum" for help! After all the dudes know best what dudes like.

(and no the Magnum doesn't swing that way, so stop the jokes before you start. Just 'casue my shorts cling to my package, it doesn't mean I'm gay. it means I'm macho inthe crotcho!)

Seriously though Mango without being a tropical P.I. sexbomb like myself it can be tough in the city.

I suggest the following (before you go to the on-line dating world).

1. Become involved in activities or groups with like minded people. This way you meet cool people without the pressure of a dating specific event. Like if you are into volleyball join a local league or whatever. Then scope for hot dudes.

2. You need to reach out to your friends and tell them you are on the market and looking. The best and safest hookups come from friends. After all your friends know what you like and want to see you happy. SO the next time you are with your buds say "Hey I'm tired of flying solo, keep an eye out for hot single dudes I'd like." Seriously put your friends on notice that you are looking. assemble your team!

3. You must make some moves! The biggest problem in the city and the dating world is that guys are always expected to make the intial moves to introduce/pick up or whatever.

That's really scarry for most dudes (exceopt the Magnum, due to my prize winning chest, but I digress), as most guys realize, we are intially seen as potential threats to women we don't know. Or worse we are seen, as "that guy", and no one wants to be rejected or judged as a slimey pick up artist. So many guys live alone and go witrhout (for real). The best guys are often single because they don't want to be lunped in the same catageory of every looser that has laid a bad line on you. it is a lot of pressure to have to make all the moves, and that is what most guys have to do. So if you ease that pressure, you'll be closer to success.

So, what you need to do is give a guy you would like to have approach you clear signals thatit is OK. You can do this by holding eye contact and smiling when the guy checks you out. Don't turn away or he will think you are not accepting. Make it obviuous! Or, you can check him out until he looks at you then, you smile confidently.

Even better, you could actually approach him! It's the new millenum it's OK, women need to do this more.

See dudes almost never get approached by girls, becuase women are programmed to be the persued not to persue themselves. But if you disregard that bullshit you will get what you want fast! The guy you approach will be so stunned that a cute girl like you is actually talking to him out of the blue that he will ceretainly agree to go out on a casual date with you if he was single.

Finally, you must plant many seeds. Talk to many dudes and over time you will see which ones have potential and which ones are just friends. The more seeds you plant the quicker you will get to your goal.

And if all else fails just PM the Magnum and I'll have TC fly me in and you can play with my chest hair while we listen to some Jimmy Buffett and sip Long Island Ice Teas!

Hope that helps!

Magnum Out!

selleck-tom-photo-tom-selleck-62028.jpg

Edited by Guest

Don't know if you're into the environmental thing or not, but most cities have what's called "green drinks". (I'm sure you can google it).

Basically, it is an agenda-free, casual opportunity for people either in the environmental field (or just sympathetic to some of the issues/concerns) to meet new people, network, chat informally, etc, over some cold beers.

For instance, Hamilton has a "green drinks" pub night every third tuesday of the month. I know Guelph has the same... I'm assuming most cities do. At the very least, you could potentially meet some nice people to talk to...

I'm not looking for a lovemate (got one), but would like to attend these types of events more often, and I'm always looking for someone to go with. So if you're interested I could be the friendly buffer zone so you wouldn't feel strange for showing up by yourself. Just a thought...PM me if interested.

I have recently become single after a 2 1/2 year relationship and would like to know if any of you have any advise on how to meet a decent man. It has been awhile and I have never been much of a flirt.

Thanx

My biggest advice is take a while to get to know yourself again. Let yourself be alone.

Sooner or later when you least expect it a wonderful man will come along.

Second piece of advice....if you are attracted to losers, with manipulative and addictive personalities definately take lots of time for yourself!!! Become strong, and commit to yourself that you will not seek out that type of man again - why put yourself through that? And why live in pain?

Just my two cents.

Edited by Guest

I have recently become single after a 2 1/2 year relationship and would like to know if any of you have any advise on how to meet a decent man. It has been awhile and I have never been much of a flirt.

Thanx

My biggest advice is take a while to get to know yourself again. Let yourself be alone.

Sooner or later when you least expect it a wonderful man will come along.

Second piece of advice....if you are attracted to losers' date=' with manipulative and addictive personalities definately take lots of time for yourself!!! Become strong, and commit to yourself that you will not seek out that type of man again - why put yourself through that? And why live in pain?

Just my two cents.

[/quote']

Here Here! I totally agree. I know many smart women that fall into this trap. Fear of being alone.

Don't fear it embrace it. Work on you and improv what you don't like and make you the best "you", you can be.

When you are alone you are forced to deal with any problems or baggage you have, as you have no one else to divert your attention or project on. This is good as it makes you deal with it. Which is what people should do. Thing is most are too scared to do that. So when you do, you make yourself so much more attractive, as you will be radiating confidence. Then when you find someone you will be so ready, as you already took out the trash.

Once you are cool with you and don't have the "need" for someome, you will really be in the drivers seat and be able to make the right choice in finding someone for you. 'Cause then you will not "need", you will "want". Wanting is better as it is driven by choice, whereas need is driven by desperation and compulsion.

The best hook ups are between two confident idviduals that choose to share time together, not between two people that prop each other up.

[color:red]Tip: Stay away from boistrous, flamboant dudes with snappy suggetsive lines and sarcastic retorts. Those dudes are playing the manipulation game that traps needy women. They are insecure children that cover thier weakness with displays of power. (most women fall for the jerk as he is mysterious and displays powerr over others...if you want mystrery, read a novel!)

Rather look for the quieter guys that talk to you like a human and not a piece of ass, are willing to hold you coat or purse while you look for something, offer to hang out with you without making brutal passes. Those guys are the nice guys that desrve you and that you desrve. Don't look them over, they are the ones who will respect you and treat you right if you give them a sign you'll accept them. They are also the ones who need the signs from you as they are always afraid of loosing you as a friend. Sweet no?.

All the best. :o

Edited by Guest