[1] Elmore James/Marshall Sehorn cover.

[2] Grateful Dead cover.

[3] Jimmy Cliff cover.

[4] Dee-Lite cover.

[5] Neil Young cover.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Great looking set. Look forward to checking this one out.

Dancing With The Moon

'Montana Haze' is the name of that one.

[edit to add]

Just noticed its earlier in the set, perhaps it was a reprise? The only lyrics I can think of with the line "Dancin' with the moon" is 'Montana Haze'

Edited by Guest

Great looking set. Look forward to checking this one out.
Dancing With The Moon

'Montana Haze' is the name of that one.

[edit to add]

Just noticed its earlier in the set, perhaps it was a reprise? The only lyrics I can think of with the line "Dancin' with the moon" is 'Montana Haze'

My set-list note-taking must have been 'way off the mark at the end of the second set, because it's actually "Teaspoon." I have no idea how/why I thought there were "Montana Haze" lyrics in it.

Aloha,

Brad

I was very glad to have been able to hotfoot it up the highway just in time to catch them doing Speedballs. Amazing that just an hour of seeing (and dancing to) the Fatties can be so satisfyingly exhausting. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole show. And so nice to see so many Skanks in one place at one time - seems to happen too rarely on this end.

One of the first things I heard on arrival was the story of Bouche's good job on the Rhodes-rescue - it was sounding awfully sweet in Josh's fine care.

Frenchy's keyboard was on the fritz. Hux and I got talking about possible solutions, and SugarMegs was DD for the night so on set break the three of us headed to my house in Hull to grab the Rhodes from our jamroom (thx Shane). We were back with a Rhodes in about 20 minutes. It was set up in no time.

Here's the only picture taken from my broken camera lens that has any resemblence of being near in-focus.

1160945372-todd_gillies_fat_cats.JPG

Good morning folks!

Well we made it home in record time yesterday (Ottawa to Hamilton in 4 1/2 hours)... we were evidently on a mission.

Had a blast during our visit, however brief it was. Thanks to Booche for your hospitality before the gig. It was great meeting you. I could tell right away when we entered your apartment, that clearly this was NOT a place where "hippy types" are welcome. That was reassuring! (Phew!) Thanks for burning me that disc too!

Jodi, it was great to meet you as well.

It was nice finally getting to put some faces to some names of my "cyber friends". Bouche, Ms. Huxtable, Hux, BradM, SugarMegs, Meggo, Del, Voodoolady, Ollie, Velvet (and I am most likely forgetting a few on this foggy Monday morning... my apologies...). CJ and DEM, always a pleasure. Sorry that we didn't get to spend more time together, but you know trying to coordinate a plan with a bunch of hippies is always an exercise in adaptation and resiliency!

But yeah, y'all have a great community of folks out there, and it was a pleasure being amongst it. Thanks for creating a receptive environment for the boys... made for a good night.

Thanks again to Bouche and everyone else who contributed to hooking Josh up with the Rhodes. Very thoughtful, and greatly appreciated!

Oh, and thank-you MarcO for being just the bestest travelling companion. Your cynical humour warms my heart... oh thou kindred spirit!

Well before this sounds any more like an acceptance speech at the Oscars, I'll conclude with one final thanks to all for fuelling my good time. Hope to see you all again soon!

My set-list note-taking must have been 'way off the mark at the end of the second set, because it's actually "Teaspoon." I have no idea how/why I thought there were "Montana Haze" lyrics in it.

Aloha,

Brad

Haha - I guess our FatCatsMindMeldSetList skills were off abit eh? I think the cold medicine I was taking may have been a factor. :laugh:

Thanks for recording Brad.

That was a great time on Sat.

Nice to meet some new skanks, see some some old ones, and hang with a lot who never went anywhere. Yeesh, it felt like it had been awhile since a bunch of us have been together. Time flies.

Great set by the band, thank you guys for coming to Ottawa, hope you can make it back sometime.

And I can confirm Booche was diggin' that Shakedown. Epic. Confirmed. No Nannigans. Sweet Blog.

Yay! I got my Shakedown Street!! It sounded great, even without the keys. But I missed Eyes of the World when I went out for an ill-advised smoke break. :o

So nice to see the Ottawa skanks congregated in one place, as others have said doesn't seem to happen as often as before. Also nice to finally meet the legend MarcO and edger. Wish I had more time to chat it up and that I wasn't so wasted but that's what happens on Saturday night!!

yeah, that was a blast. I'd do that trip again anytime. I love Ottawa, I spent a lot of time there as a kid and it feels good and right to be back. I'm not looking to really move from Hamilton but if I were, Ottawa would be near the top of my list. Not least because of the nice people there. It was great to meet some new faces, people I feel like I know a little from here but have never met. Thank you to those who just walked up and said hello, despite my daily obnoxious ramblings on here, I can be quite shy sometimes.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and especially Booche for inviting me into his home so I could witness him running around and yelling a lot, as I presume is par for the course. Also, thanks for getting me there and back so safely edger. Next time we'll have to find some time to explore Ottawa a little bit a'ight? The key words there are "next time".

The Fat Cats played a solid set despite some static on the equipment end. Those boys have heart and soul, and no end of good tunes, and I was proud to share them with my friends in Ottawa. I'll try to encourage them to do it again sooner than later.

Mavericks was a nice place. Good sightlines, decent sound and the bar staff was cool. It was great to drop in and experience life as the Ottawa skanks see it for a night.

MarcO happy.

Borrowing a Rhodes...did Josh's organ fail?

Keyboard died at some point in the first set. Then near the beginning of set two, with the band playing, bouche and Hux walk on stage with the Rhodes and Josh was back in action. There was some inspired thinking going on there.

I believe a big thanks are in order. First of all to Bouche. Thanks man. You saved my ass. Not bad to be given an old Rhodes to jam with. Not too many people would drag one of those out of their basement at midnight and take it to a bar for a band to jam with. That's wicked. I am constsantly reminded, no matter where I go in Canada, that there are good people everywhere. To show up in Ottawa and have my rig bust was a real pain in the ass. On behalf of the band, thanks again for the help. I owe you one.

To the people of Ottawa, thanks a bunch for the support. I actually had a chance to hang out in the crowd and watch the band for a bit. I met some great people. We had a great time and look forward to seeing you again.

Take it easy,

Josh

Fat Cats