Jambands.ca

TPB movie

Velvet

i was just in halifax visiting a buddy of mine...

he and matt mays have a reggae dj night at this bar tribeca on thursdays... and who was there?! BUBBLES!!! he was opening up his OWN bar the following night -- something like " bubble's palace"... i didn't recognize him til tim pointed him out (he wasn't wearing his glasses)

also, tim took me on a drive past the set for the TPB.. .apparently they filmed in real trailer parks, but ended up building their own, which is now a closed set b/c of all the delays that the hangers-on were causing (ie: having to move 100 onlookers in order to shoot the next scene)

2 TPB occurences in a week - what a treat!!!

I think someone should do a mash-up of them, so that Borat shows up in Sunnyvale...

I'm thinking the Borat-goes-to-Sunnyvale mash-up could be fun...Ricky offers Borat some hash, and it turns out that hash is one of the main products of Borat's village, and he just happens to have some with him, which he breaks out and which knocks Ricky (and Julian and Bubbles and Borat) on his ass. Ricky, Julian, and Borat then decide to back to Borat's village, and import a whole bunch of the stuff, to make their fortune. They get busted in Khazikstan, and the rest of the movie is a sort of Borat/TPB send-up of Midnight Express...

Aloha,

Brad

I'm thinking the Borat-goes-to-Sunnyvale mash-up could be fun...Ricky offers Borat some hash, and it turns out that hash is one of the main products of Borat's village, and he just happens to have some with him, which he breaks out and which knocks Ricky (and Julian and Bubbles and Borat) on his ass. Ricky, Julian, and Borat then decide to back to Borat's village, and import a whole bunch of the stuff, to make their fortune. They get busted in Khazikstan, and the rest of the movie is a sort of Borat/TPB send-up of Midnight Express...

THAT would be frickin' AWESOME!!! I can totally picture it all right now. Lahey could easily be the complete NUT in the jail cell. Bubbles could be rescuing Kazakh Kitties. J-Rock could become a Kazakh superstar.

Who ends up taking on this scene??

Pfilm38471692712581.jpg

Maybe Randy pushing his gut up against the glass for Lahey on the inside :P

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)