Jambands.ca

Trey with Mike in Philly Last Night (10/11)

Hartamophone

By many accounts this was a stellar, high-energy show. Looking forward to giving 'er a listen.

10/11/06 Electric Factory

Set One:

Gotta Jibboo

Goobye Head

Push On 'Til The Day^

Night Speaks To A Woman

Shine

Spin

Set Two:

What's Done

Heavy Things

Mud City

Come As Melody

Plasma

46 Days* > (amazing)

Twist* (amazing, about 20 mins)

Encore**:

Bass Duel* (starts out with just mike and the new guys jamming, very very good stuff. trey watching and beaming from side-stage). Then they hit a nice groove after about 5 minutes of jamming Trey comes out and sits on the Keys and the drummer sits down and they jam for a few minutes, then Mike gets off his little wierd dinky-bass (somebody please explain or throw a picture up) and Gordo gets on the Lanquedoc!!! and they rip it for 5 more minutes with Trey on Keys, Mike on Guitar and the other dudes on bass and drums. Sick Sick Sick. >

First Tube* (Struggled miserably to get the timing right on this one, but pulled it together at the very end and ended the show with massive energy. Goodtimes).

Show got over about 12:45am.

^After the song trey says something along the lines of: 'I love Philadelphia, its my favorite City...especially after the Flyers win'

*full electric, with Mike Gordon on bass. The ladies left for most of the Mike section.

**Right before encore a big "Lets go Flyers" chant erupts with trey 'playing' along

face it, in historical terms, Trey Anastasio is an insignificant pimple. He'll be remembered as an average but talented guitar player who formed a band with deservedly limited appeal. Outside of the tiny "jamband" world, nobody cares, as it should be.

There, I said it.