Jambands.ca

Jambands.ca Hallowe'en Horror Fest

Inglewood Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the latest e-mail from The Souljazz Orchestra

Secondly, we’re playing a Hallowe’en bash at the Bytowne Tavern, Saturday October 28, along with Inglewood Jack (D-Mass’ band) and the Tad Hackish Band. There’s a discount if you wear a costume too (Pierre’s thinkin’ of going as either Sun Ra or Mary Poppins – you’ll have to show up to find out which one he chose).

I'm hoping for Sun Ra. :)

Aloha,

Brad

who the hell keeps un-pinning us?

Maybe the pin that's being used for this topic is one of those pins that just won't stick into the wall? (Or it's like one of those just-slightly-too-weak fridge magnets that will stick to the fridge but isn't strong enough to hold your shopping list up.)

Aloha,

Brad

(Or it's like one of those just-slightly-too-weak fridge magnets that will stick to the fridge but isn't strong enough to hold your shopping list up.)

Aloha,

Brad

man, I HATE those!!! I mean, they're really totally useless, aren't they...and some of them aren't even funky or pretty to look at. Geeesh! I'm all riled up now. those goddamn good-for-nothing weak fridge magnets....fuck 'em...I'm pitching them all into the trash!

whew! I enjoy a good venting of spleeen!

On behalf of Inglewood Jack, we want to first thank everybody who came out; the turnout exceeded our expectations, and the number and coolness of the costumes made for a blast of a night.

Thanks also go to The Tad Hackish Band, who warmed things up really nicely; the three-part vocal harmonies were a treat. And The Souljazz Orchestra were loads of fun, as usual.

We also need to thank both The Crowd, who loaned us tons of sound gear, and Dave Wooly Ouellette for bringing loads of his own gear, doing an astounding job wiring it all together and making it all sound good, and for putting on the music during set breaks.

It was also fun to be at The Bytown Tavern. I hadn't been there for years, and it was better than I remember it.

Last, but certainly not least, thanks to bouche for being on board with us doing this.

Happy Hallowe'en, everybody!

Aloha,

Brad

Wow - crazy night! Who knew you could get $2.75 shots of JD in Ottawa. Enough said.

Had a blast last night, heard Inglewood Jack from the door, great set guys....

dsc00145bx8.jpg

(them during soundcheck)

Happy Birthday Sharon - killer Thriller!

Elgin was packed with people last night, most dressed pretty crazy....

dsc00180su8.jpg

At one point we had the fire marshall and bylaw peeps at the door counting heads, craziest door I've ever worked. I think in the end around 130 people came in.

dsc00185go5.jpg

The Tad Hackish Band was a tad hackish then tightened 'er up and started "TKB", it didn't help that Tad missed his flight in Aspen and couldn't make the gig.

dsc00159xe7.jpg

I think everyone had a good time, including Magnum.

dsc00155if0.jpg

And of course I rocked out my Bob Weir circa fall '81 costume.

dsc00173pw5.jpg

(Good times, I'm having fun with my new cam as you can see)

Well, I have to say, the night began as a blast, Inglewood Jack were jamming hard, and were loads of fun. Everyone was bedazzled and dressed so funky. The bartenders were really nice, and yes, cheap drinks are an A++.

On the other hand, the night progressed and after Inglewood Jack, me and my friends presumed to go out for a cigarette. No one, bouncers, door people, anyone seemed to inform us we were not aloud to re-enter if we left. All of us were paid, stamped, and had almost full beers inside. Upon trying to get back in the bouncers were not letting a single person back in. Including us who had paid.

Okay so I was informed the fire marshalls came, counted heads and were presumably going to maybe write up a ticket or something? Well in any case, this is not my problem. We paid to get in, there was no informing of no re-entry as we left. If there was, we would not have left. We were technically in there for an hour as Inglewood played, and had no intenentions to leave and miss Souljazz. My friend Jessica was celebrating her 19th birthday, and needless to say, this did not keel over as a pleasant scene. She was so estatic to see Souljazz too after I praised them so much to her over the past few months she's been in Ottawa.

Anyways, point of this rant is, I'm P.O'd, and going to do everything in my power to get some complaints out to these guys, and other important officials around here and let the guys of Bytown know they need to learn how to run they're establishment a little better.

Apologies for sounding bitchy, this is unusal for me. Thanks for listening. Ciao

Steph

The Bytowne definately needs to get some shit thrown at them for that mess. I think Hooly's should also to get some shit as well (also for their attempt to fool us with an east coast donair that was made with frozen preformed donair meat). I heard that Hooly's was packed and affected the quota for the basement.

At this lockout point, the basement really didn't have more than about 50 people in a room suited for 200.

pure bullshit on their part.