Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY 41st ANNIVERSARY!

And Kev/Hal. Dont fucking cheer for Les Brahs. They dont want you. Since you know nothing about loyalty you can root for the Sens. Their fans are used to bandwagon jumpers but the Hab fans arent going to be very welcoming to you two Suzies.

Since you know nothing about loyalty you can root for the Sens. Their fans are used to bandwagon jumpers but the Hab fans arent going to be very welcoming to you two Suzies.

I love this old, tired argument from Habs fans. Let's review. A bunch of guys made the conscious decision to start cheering for the Habs in the 70s/80s/90s (or March 2008, hi Kev and Hal) when they were already the winningest team in NHL history. That's the equivalent of Ollie starting to cheer for Patriots in the mid-2000s. So please save the bandwagon label for yourselves, this generation of Habs fans are the greatest bandwagon-jumpers in the history of sport.

Leaves fans, I feel a bit sorry for you today. Whitey, they got you right where they wanted you - you let your guard down, got your hopes up, and then they ripped your heart out and stomped on it. Again. Ahhh, who am I kidding, I don't feel sorry at all. :P

I love this old, tired argument from Habs fans. Let's review. A bunch of guys made the conscious decision to start cheering for the Habs in the 70s/80s/90s (or March 2008, hi Kev and Hal) when they were already the winningest team in NHL history. That's the equivalent of Ollie starting to cheer for Patriots in the mid-2000s. So please save the bandwagon label for yourselves, this generation of Habs fans are the greatest bandwagon-jumpers in the history of sport.

Problem is you have to be on another wagon first to be a jumper, you make no sense.

the Ollie example you used thats Bandwagon jumping..

Hometown Ottawa folks i really have no problem with them jumping ship from there old teams and cheering for the sens, i just like using it for a joke.. i would do the same if PEI had an NHL team, haahhaha.. hell i cheered for the ottawa farm team for a couple of years.

Ottawa really screwed that team by the way. calling up the best players right before the playoffs to play in meaningless rotten sens games at the end of the season when they were an expansion team fresh out of the gates. arseholes.

the Ollie example you used thats Bandwagon jumping..

I suppose that's technically correct.

But I've always thought that bandwagon jumping included an element of frivolity. Like the people in Ottawa who cheered on the Sens in the Cup Final. They didn't give a toss about hockey until that point.

Cheering for other teams when your team is out is not bandwagon jumping. It's the law of Canadian hockey fans. (I think it's even in the Constitution somewhere.)

When your team is out you cheer for your next favorite CANADIAN hockey team.

I've been a leaf fan since I've been able to remember and while it would be nice for the Leafs to win a cup or even get into the playoffs, that is likely not going to happen anytime soon.

So now I`ll be cheering Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and maybe Edmonton.

It`s about time that Mr Stanley return home.

Would you rather we cheer some team from California? You bunch of traitors.

I suppose that's technically correct.

But I've always thought that bandwagon jumping included an element of frivolity. Like the people in Ottawa who cheered on the Sens in the Cup Final. They didn't give a toss about hockey until that point.

yep another form of hopping on a bandwagon. they are the worst.