Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

Cheering for other teams when your team is out is not bandwagon jumping. It's the law of Canadian hockey fans. (I think it's even in the Constitution somewhere.)

When your team is out you cheer for your next favorite CANADIAN hockey team.

I've been a leaf fan since I've been able to remember and while it would be nice for the Leafs to win a cup or even get into the playoffs, that is likely not going to happen anytime soon.

So now I`ll be cheering Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and maybe Edmonton.

It`s about time that Mr Stanley return home.

Would you rather we cheer some team from California? You bunch of traders.

i hate that shit. why should i cheer for a team just because they are from canada? especially a rival team.

plus as far as im concerned the only team i want lifting the cup is the HABS.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Ollie example you used thats Bandwagon jumping..

I suppose that's technically correct.

But I've always thought that bandwagon jumping included an element of frivolity. Like the people in Ottawa who cheered on the Sens in the Cup Final. They didn't give a toss about hockey until that point.

What about Grandma's. Sometimes they get excited over these things. They should get a free pass to cheer during the cup, shouldnt they?

When your team is out you cheer for your next favorite CANADIAN hockey team.

Says who? What a load. If that is YOUR method, then fine, it ain't the law though. Don't tell me who to cheer for and don't you dare tell me it's unpatriotic NOT to cheer for a Canadian-based franchise. This ain't the Olympics or the Worlds.

So now I`ll be cheering Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and maybe Edmonton.

Your prerogative.

It`s about time that Mr Stanley return home. Would you rather we cheer some team from California? You bunch of traders.

First off it's "traitors" unless you are referring to the monkey's on Bay Street. Secondly, that bullshit that a California-based team keeps the Cup stateside is bunk too.

What makes a team "more" Canadian? Where it's home games are played, or by the nationality of the players/coaches/owners? Last year, by the Ducks (who had more Canadians on their roster than the other playoff teams) winning the Cup it allowed it to be IN Canada longer throughout the year if that means so much to you. When the Canadian players all got the Cup for their 3 days they take it around to visit family, friends and citizens in Canada.

Six teams out of 30 are based in Canada. Get used to it not being "here" every year.

Leaves fans, I feel a bit sorry for you today. Whitey, they got you right where they wanted you - you let your guard down, got your hopes up, and then they ripped your heart out and stomped on it. Again. Ahhh, who am I kidding, I don't feel sorry at all. :P

You got it. Mutha F*ckas!!! You guys were rather kind today, better than I expected, but I guess you have had all season to beat us up. (Or 3 seasons in total). Dave, you are right, I did let my guard down and the Leafs f*cked me again. Hopefully we can try and turn things around this summer and get rid of the players who can only play when there is nothing on the line. Bring back Mats, Vesa, Thomas and ship the rest of the pricks to the Marlies. That being said, it will be a great playoff run. And as with every spring, I will quote KK, anybody but the Sens!!!

I don't remember 100% but Fletcher basically said he thought the experience for Pogge to lead the team in the AHL would be better experience than a couple of meaningless NHL games. He compared it to Price with Hamilton last year.

I'm pretty sure we will see Pogge in TO next year. Likely backing Vesa.

Should be comical tonight with Raycroft in net for the first time in 30 games! Wow. Guess they're giving Toskala a rest before the game against the Sens on Thursday.

Like i said earlier, i bet they're gonna work extra hard against Ottawa and do their best to not let them decrease their "magic number" by one in that game :)

Too bad the LeafsTV curse will be working against them. FUCK LEAFS TV ... greedy bastards were just hoping for the game to really mean something for both teams at the end of the season and "blackmail" fans into PAYING for it. FUCK YOU Peddie :P