Jambands.ca

Fans throwing Rocks at Nickelback!!

balogna pogna

brilliant. i love when he asks "are there any nickelback fans in the house?" and he is met with silence and booing. it reminds me of when Joan Jett was put on the bill at the second Police Picnic at the CNE in the early 80's and she was pelted with fruit. i can still picture the grapefruits smashing in the lighting rigs. but in that case, i felt sorry for her.

I dunno, I kinda feel bad for them. I mean here they are, thinking they're all that and a sack of rocks, and then they are brought back down to earth by the shocking reality that they suck and that people want to tear apart their sack of rocks and throw them at them.

It doesn't matter what language you speak, Nickelback=Suckass.

That being said, I still kinda feel bad for them.

I know I will never live this down but I actually don't mind Knickleback. I kind of got hooked on the extra crunchy layered guitar sound on that Santana/Kroeger song. It helped that a redneck with some serious bass bins in his car introduced it to me while cranked to 11. 'What the hell is that on Joey's head'- I like that song too.

Those fans should really be throwing rocks at Metallica anyway. They paved the way for cheezy still softly growling Nu-metal with the Metallica Black album.

Creed and Nickelback and other Nu-Metal acts have been taking that cheese to the bank ever since. Ironically, I've read that Metallica has tried to distance themselves from that cheese by going heavier than ever.

bring back guitar solos! Nickleback doesn't do 'em do they? Their songs are so completely formulated and homogenous, IMHO.

The Nickelback website notes that one of the solos on their new album is performed by the guitarist from ZZ Top and one is spliced together from solos by the late Dimebag Darrell and given to Nickelback by Dimebag's brother (I bet he's rolling over in his grave).

Those fans should really be throwing rocks at Metallica anyway. They paved the way for cheezy still softly growling Nu-metal with the Metallica Black album.

Hella yeah! That's a stinky album*. I never really thought about it that way.

Creed and Nickelback and other Nu-Metal acts have been taking that cheese to the bank ever since. Ironically, I've read that Metallica has tried to distance themselves from that cheese by going heavier than ever.

They went heavier on St. Anger, while eschewing guitar solos. The production is odd to say the least. It was a step in the right direction. Their next one, being produced by Rick Rubin, should be good.

But live they still love the playing from the black album.

* Though everything before that one is a classic.