Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

Since PBR is so poular with so many of you all I thought I would share this link I recently stumbled upon.

Link

Part of PBR’s image, and attraction to people who consider themselves outsiders, is it’s association with what Walker calls a “blue-collar, honest-workingman, vaguely anticapitalist image†(p. 113). It’s old-school, blue-collar, salt-of-the-earth beer from the days of Milwaukee’s manufacturing and beer-producing glory. When you buy PBR, it lists a P.O. Box in Milwaukee, and the website lists Milwaukee at the bottom of the page.

Except…not so much. PBR is no longer headquartered in Milwaukee. In 1985 PBR was purchased by a man who was buying up a lot of low-market-share beer companies. He moved the headquarters to San Antonio (in May of this year he announced he sold PBR to another company; the headquarters are now in a suburb of Chicago). The move put about 250 people in Milwaukee out of work, including a lot of the blue-collar workers the beer is associated with.

On top of that, PBR doesn’t actually make beer anymore. Miller brews beer for the company, which then packages it in PBR cans. PBR is no longer a producer of beer; it’s a name and logo attached to beer made by a company many of the people drinking PBR would probably dislike.

from beau's:

Subject: Another Wild Oats for Oktoberfest!!!

In case LugTread, NightMarzen and 3 WildOats selections weren't enough, we are presenting another Beau's Original

WTF?

Q: How would LugTread taste if it was fermented like a wheat beer?

A: Delicious!

That's right, we took our LugTread recipe and fermented it with a wheat beer yeast. This tasty experiment gives you the rich, clean LugTread malt & hop profile, but features the banana & clove aromas found in German wheat beers.

meggo says: three cheers for beer! :)

PS their oktoberfest is next weekend, if ya haven't heard!

Thank you Sloth. I am currently drinking my one and only Double Chocolate Stout which I picked up at the LCBO tonight based on your most recent addiction

Thanks to you I am still addicted to ice cold Grolsch cans on hot summer drunking days, so I am doubting this will replace that need but this is a very enjoyable beer with a soft aftertaste that perfectly lingers and makes me want to drink more.

FUCK!

Youngs-Double-Chocolate-Stout.jpg

more beer news:

Subject: LugTread WTF - and $5 off Oktoberfest coupons

Ok, here is the list of restaurants that have the Wheat Beer fermented LugTread -WTF?

Pelican

Whalesbone

Fraser Cafe

Foolish

Mayflower

Stella Osteria

Oz Cafe

Grace O'Malley's

Atomic Rooster

Manx

Black Tomato

Irene's

Trio

Quinn's

Get there quick and you also will get a coupon for $5 off Oktberfest tickets!!!

Cheers!

I gave this fall/winter seasonal beer a try the other day and it's a winner. It's only been out in select LCBO stores for the past few weeks. It's a single 750mL bottle with a re-sealable cork. It's an amber-coloured pale ale - not as hoppy as Tankhouse; more in-line, hops-wise, with Hoptical Illusion or Black Oak Pale.

muskoka_harvest_bottle.jpg

Would like to try, but want to make sure we're talking about the same beer. Do you mean Muskoka Harvest Ale (did you post the right picture, I mean?) Or are there different versions?

LCBO.com says it's $7.95 and 750ml...

That's the beer. I thought it was cheaper, but both times I bought it, I had other other booze on the bill and hasn't been a price listed. Ah well, it's still worth it.

Gave this a shot last night. Pretty tasty beer really. Smell of pumpkin right from pour, and nice amber color. Mild taste, a bit on the sweet side but the spices - nutmeg, clove and cinnamon - kinda balance it all out without being over-powering.

pumpkinale.jpg

:chug:

Sampled a couple brews (on tap) last night from Railway City Brewing company out of St. Tomas, ON.

http://www.railwaycitybrewing.com

Iron Spike - Amber Ale: Not to bad, dark amber body with a fruity/carmel taste but a little on the light side for my tastes.

Dead Elephant Ale (IPA): Pretty tasty overall, gold/amber body with a nice frothy head.

Double Dead Elephant Ale (DIPA): I liked this one the best, body about the same color as Dead Elephant Ale, frothy head with a distinct hoppy flavour with a slight citrus taste. Went down pretty easy. Couldn't find a picture of the label though, not even at the brewers website.

image6741.jpg

image4841.jpg

i like the anticipation, DB ;)

Houblon.jpg

This stuff is outrageously good. A blend between an American IPA and a Belgian Triple, this one is definitely a new favourite!!

i love this one! mostly i love the elf. can't seem to get it in ontario but it's pretty easy in quebec. and alberta! :)