Jambands.ca

yayyyyyy God

Deeps

It was the first half of the show that really laid out the framework of his "discoveries" and questions about the "proofs" of a Jesus of Nazareth. A great deal of detail was given showing the uncanny similarities of the Jesus story to that of the ancient pagan mystic religions/cults.

I thought it would be funny if every once and a while they inserted the audio from Jean Chretien saying "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the following in connection with Justice for Aboriginal Communities and their residential schools agenda.

Canadians for the Separation of Church and State

Preamble

Only 15% of Canadians are active' date=' church-going Christians, according to a 2001 survey. And yet Christianity is still established as the "official" religion of Canada, and as such enjoys a protected status as an effective state religion; as a result, Canadians of all other beliefs are forced to financially support Christian churches to the tune of $15 billion each year, through the charitable, tax free status of these bodies. This is a travesty of justice, and democracy.

This favoured, privileged status of Christian churches is further evident in how effectively the churches are above the law of the land, and are legally unaccountable for their actions, as has been demonstrated in recent years by the refusal of Canadian courts to prosecute the Catholic, Anglican and United Church of Canada for their murder of more than 50,000 children in their "Indian Residential Schools". As the last remaining vestige of feudalism in our country, the Christian churches have evaded any liability for the criminal acts of their officers and employees, and as such constitute a real and ongoing danger to the people of our land.

The Christian churches are also actively defrauding the people and government of Canada, by violating the terms of their charitable tax-free status: the churches do not commit all of their revenue to charitable purposes, as they are required to under the federal Income Tax Act, and actually provide fewer and fewer services and charity to the needy each year.

A recent survey (2004) showed that less than 1% of Catholic churches, and barely 5% of Protestant churches in Canada, operate regular charitable services to the poor, whereas these same churches spend tens of millions of dollars annually on corporate investments, legal and public relations expenses, and other non-charitable activities. In short, the churches operate like any other corporation, yet with all the privileges of a public charity: greed under the guise of religion.

The government of Canada is enabling this corruption and criminal fraud by protecting and financially subsidizing the churches, to the detriment of the rule of law and democracy, and all its citizens. This injustice must end.

It is time historically for Canada to shed its colonial legacy and establish a truly secular and humane society, where no religion can enjoy special, protected status, and thereby hold undue power and influence, and evade responsibility for its acts. Religious belief should be an entirely personal matter, not legislated or protected by the law; and government must be above all parochial influences and not affiliated with any church or religion.

It is in this spirit and for the aim of a true and final separation of church and state in Canada that we offer the following seven point program to the people of Canada and their government.

Program of Canadians for the Separation of Church and State (adopted on May 1, 2007 in Vancouver)

1. Tax the Churches.(a)

2. Investigate the criminal complicity of Canadian churches in the genocide of aboriginal peoples.

3. End all state funding of separate schools and religious education.

4. Remove all reference to "god" in the Canadian Constitution.

5. End all religious presence in government functions and agencies.(B)

6. Revoke the Blasphemous Libel and Clergy Protection provisions in the Criminal Code of Canada (secs. 176 and 296).

7. End diplomatic recognition of the Vatican, in Canada and at the United Nations.©

Explanatory Notes:

(a) All church property, profits, inheritances, endowments and other income must be taxed at the same rate as other corporations, and all unpaid back taxes owed by churches since their establishment in Canada must be collected.

(B) This includes abolishing all prayers and other invocations at the opening of legislatures and Parliament; and ending all chaplaincy programs in the Canadian military and public agencies.

© As the fiduciary head of a church responsible for crimes against humanity, the Pope must not be allowed to evade liability for these crimes by claiming diplomatic immunity, as he has done. The Roman Catholic Church is not a state but a religious body, and all symbols of state power held by that church must be annulled, such as foreign ambassadors like the Papal Nuncios, and the church's diplomatic status at the United Nations.

Please duplicate and share this Program with your Member of Parliament, friends, and the media.

For more information on Canadians for the Separation of Church and State, write to us at this email address:

nogodbuttruth@yahoo.ca [/quote']

I like it!

Of course, this is NOT saying that people are not allowed to celebrate their religion. This is NOT persecution. However, I would expect many a response from people in that way though.

Tax the FUCK out of the churches!

-- Frank Zappa

So, when Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, if you go for all these fairy tales, that "evil" woman convinced the man to eat the apple, but the apple came from the Tree of Knowledge. And the punishment that was then handed down, the woman gets to bleed and the guy's got to go to work, is the result of a man desiring, because his woman suggested that it would be a good idea, that he get all the knowledge that was supposedly the property and domain of God. So, that right away sets up Christianity as an anti-intellectual religion. You never want to be that smart. If you're a woman, it's going to be running down your leg, and if you're a guy, you're going to be in the salt mines for the rest of your life. So, just be a dumb fuck and you'll all go to heaven. That's the subtext of Christianity.

-- Frank Zappa

The others just sound like pure crankiness to me.

More like anger and deep seated pain.

That's why I mentioned where I received it from.The pain and trauma felt through generations of aboriginal families and communities due to the violations perpetuated by the churches is unfathomable to me. The transference to militancy..which bleeds through that document..seems to be part of the healing process for those communities.

More like anger and deep seated pain.

Good point, and thanks for pointing that out. I jumped straight to the content and did not consider the source.

That's why I mentioned where I received it from.The pain and trauma felt through generations of aboriginal families and communities due to the violations perpetuated by the churches is unfathomable to me.

Indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are doing a follow up to the great episode about Hinn on the Fifth Estate this week. Set your timers/PVRs:

AMAZING GRACE

Benny Hinn may be the most popular personality in the Christian world today. Thousands pack arenas to see him heal the sick and the afflicted. Tens of thousands more watch his television program. Three seasons ago, reporter Bob McKeown investigated Benny Hinn's "miracles" as well as his ministry which collects millions of dollars every year in donations.

What's happened since then? An American senator is now investigating Hinn, requesting answers to questions about those donations and who benefits. We'll talk to the senator, as well as to one young girl who attended one of Hinn's shows, looking for a miracle, and find out what has happened to her since then.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/miracles/'>http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/miracles/

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080304120710.ad7gm7i6&show_article=1

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.

Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.

"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."

He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.

He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.