Jambands.ca

SNOW DAY!

Hartamophone

Victoria is apparently NOT a city that deals well with the white stuff.

We got about 5-10 cm yesterday, but the temperature didn't warm up enough to melt it, and we got a bunch more overnight. Given that there is no snow removal equipment in town, this place is paralyzed. Granted, it's a day I'll be using to study, but better to be studying at home in front of a fire than sitting in class today, that's for damn sure.

Yeah, I can attest to the crazy snow in Van! I flew in on the Saturday and it sounds like it was just in time. Same situation as Victoria, in that there is certainly a lack of snow clearance going on. A lot of people don't seem to know how to drive through the snow in Vancouver either, which makes for an interesting challenge when mowing about.

Glad to be here nonetheless... gotta love this city!

There is way more than a couple of cm in Vancouve, but just a typical winter day if you come from anywhere else

That's what's funny for me, coming from Ottawa and Lake Placid; this would warrant just a shrug of the shoulders in either of those places. The problem here is they have to wait for it to melt, and it's not nearly warm enough for that yet.

enjoy the snow day! :)

Thanks, I definitely plan to!

Edited by Guest

while I was living in Vancouver we got about an inch or so of snow and I couldn't believe what it did to people's driving capabilities... people were driving 10 kms an hour everywhere...

had just spent a year in Sault Ste Marie previous to that move and couldn't figure out what the fuss was about

aside from that, I think I need a fire to sit in front of

I just took a moonlight walk through one of the wooded parks here with a buddy of mine. As we trudged through the snow with the wind whipping in our faces - me wearing mountaineering boots and he wearing snowshoes - we both couldn't help but laugh at how much it really, really didn't feel like Victoria.

End blog.