Jambands.ca

DSO

Ekletcic

I find it funny that The Musical Box or The Australian Pink Floyd Show can play Massey Hall and no one claims that to be an over priced cover band show.

I'm always complaining to Ollie about the Musical Box' date=' prices and his choice to go see them over The Slip, despite the fact that he's seen Musical Box over 50 times. YEESH! GRRR!

[/quote']

Oh yeah, and this from the guy who was happy The Slip was cancelled in Montreal so he had an excuse not to go. ;)

Imagine if a group of otherwise anonymous actors decided to recreate every episode of M*A*S*H* and you were charged $25 per episode to watch. Occasionally Jamie Farr makes an appearance to reprise his old role.

Too funny!

But all said, if my 2 cents is worth 1, then I'd go see them before I'd go see Ratdog. Aside from Phil & Friends there who to see if you want to hear some wicked Dead.

if you're refering to Dark Star Orchestra then YES they do rock. No, they have never played in Toronto. I don't think they're interested or perhaps they're unable to cross the border. They are a very expensive band to book.

They are the best cover band in history more or less.

They have not played Toronto, not becuase they get tonnes of work all the time in the US, and to come hear for one show they would want big $$$ to lose out on all the other booking they always have in the US.

You gotta go south to see them. THey have played Buffalo int he past.

They have not played Toronto' date=' not becuase they get tonnes of work all the time in the US, and to come hear for one show they would want big $$$ to lose out on all the other booking they always have in the US.[/quote']

Nice to see they also embody the spirit.

don't you mean [color:purple]Nice to see they also embody the spirit.?

They have not played Toronto' date=' not becuase they get tonnes of work all the time in the US, and to come hear for one show they would want big $$$ to lose out on all the other booking they always have in the US.[/quote']

Nice to see they also embody the spirit.

don't you mean [color:purple]Nice to see they also embody the spirit.?

I'm boycotting purple. But I think the sentence works either way.

I'm boycotting purple. But I think the sentence works either way.

i agree. the moment i posted my response i realized that you had indeed spoken the truth.

what was bob's line in that radio interview? something like "...you know, all those information wnats to be freeee people, well, see ya!"

They are the best cover band in history more or less.

They have not played Toronto, not becuase they get tonnes of work all the time in the US, and to come hear for one show they would want big $$$ to lose out on all the other booking they always have in the US.

You gotta go south to see them. THey have played Buffalo int he past.

Wouldn't it just take a well-endowed promoter to be interested in bringing them up?

The%20Musical%20Box-01.03.2005-Slipperman.jpg

The Musical Box are the most incredible recreation band around. They are fully endorsed, and have been given exclusive rights, by Genesis to perform their material with all the sets, costumes, slides, visual effects that were originally used in the Gabriel-era (up to 1975). They have had Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett all sit in with them.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/

Truly amazing. Ollie, Timmy, Kookeycanooky, FunkyBeats and Paan all "get it" . Their ticket prices scare many away (Toronto is ridiculously overpriced simply because it's at Massey Hall).

Come on out this Saturday if you can. I'm sure there will be some extras floating about that you should be able to get a bit cheaper. We're having a big preshow party at the Library Pub (above the Imperial) on Dundas.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

The Musical Box are the most incredible recreation band around. They are fully endorsed, and have been given exclusive rights, by Genesis to perform their material with all the sets, costumes, slides, visual effects that were originally used in the Gabriel-era (up to 1975). They have had Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett all sit in with them.

Ok, Hackett joined them for the Firth of Fifth encore in London... Collins for The Musical Box in Geneva... when did Rutherford share the stage?

OK, not the stage, but the rehearsal hall. Have you seen the TMB non-released DVD? . If you haven't ... i'll get it to you asap. :)

Yep, that is what I suspected you were referring to, but with the holes in my memory I thought it best to ask. ;)

Got a copy from Joseph last year!

Wouldn't it just take a well-endowed promoter to be interested in bringing them up?

I really don't see what the size of the promoter's wang has to do with getting DSO up here. Take a time out or we'll ban you from the board!

Perhaps but I think unless you could hook up thge DSO with 3-4 well paying gigs and pay thier frieght/rifer from what I hear they are not interested as they can easily play a tonne of great paying gigs in the US.

I think it's the big paycheck that is putting off the promoters, especially 'cuase they've never played in Canada.

Rob has told me that the only reason that they have not hit a Canadian date is that one member of the band would have "issues" at the border. DOn't konw if that means going in' date=' or going back, but it's a bummer

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)[/quote']

Baj, that's the way I have heard it each time i've asked Rob. Last time was when they played Buffalo at that club that was upstairs on the main drag there ... memory fails me on its name :P

He said it was a member of the BAND and that's why the band just wouldn't sound the same without them. Leave crew at the border .

I'll fire him off an email ... however, he is VERY slow at responding, especially when they are on the road.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

• 1 year later...
28/11/2006 09:23 - Post#389480

In response to Baj

* Baj Said:

* Kanada Kev Said:

Rob has told me that the only reason that they have not hit a Canadian date is that one member of the band would have "issues" at the border. DOn't konw if that means going in, or going back, but it's a bummer

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Baj, that's the way I have heard it each time i've asked Rob. Last time was when they played Buffalo at that club that was upstairs on the main drag there ... memory fails me on its name

He said it was a member of the BAND and that's why the band just wouldn't sound the same without them. Leave crew at the border .

I'll fire him off an email ... however, he is VERY slow at responding, especially when they are on the road.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Later . . .

so...has he responded yet ? ;)