Jambands.ca

World Juniors thread

dave-O

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the Canadian fans are pretty sore winners for chanting "hey hey goodbye" to the US team and booing the US players during the player of the game presentation.

Are the Habs fans who chanted the same thing at ScotiaBank Place in November sore winners too?

Guest Low Roller

We're talking about the after-game antics here folks. I was booing Johnson as well during the shoot-out.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's the Canadian fans in Sweden that were doing the booing.

Guest Low Roller

Once again, I was booing Johnson as well DURING THE GAME. Once the game is over, there is no need to boo the U.S. player who receives a player of the game award. Show some class.

Guest Low Roller

You ever seen My Fair Lady? The Great Gatsby? THAT's what I would have to do to you at this point.

Anyways, you are taking away from a great game and a spectacular finish. Go Canada!

Canada's D certainly is carrying the load. Toews has been incredible, picking up the slack from the Downie line.

Sam Gagne has to be the disappointment of the tourny for Canada so far. After the first game he's been rarely used at even strength, useless on the PP and he's taken untimely penalties. I have to think that Claude Giroux or Angelo Esposito could have helped our offensively challenged forward group.

Sam Gagne has to be the disappointment of the tourny for Canada so far. After the first game he's been rarely used at even strength, useless on the PP and he's taken untimely penalties. I have to think that Claude Giroux or Angelo Esposito could have helped our offensively challenged forward group.

I absolutely agree. Sam Gagne has not been up to speed in the tourny. I kept hoping for him to break out on the PP, but it never happened. He has looked a bit confused. I hope this will be a great experience for him next year though because he is still so young. You should see some of the amazing goals and assists he has playing for the Knights. He is on a line with Pat Kane, and Sergei Kostitsyn. They are dnyamite!

Right now Gagne is the poster-child for why you don't take 17 year olds to the World Jrs. But you're right - he'll probably tear it up for Canada the next two years.

I'm very impressed with what I saw of Pat Kane.