Jambands.ca

The Christ of Scientology

Esau.

Cruise 'is Christ' of Scientology

By EMILY SMITH

US Editor

January 23, 2007

TOM Cruise is the new “Christ†of Scientology, according to leaders of the cult-like religion.

The Mission: Impossible star has been told he has been “chosen†to spread the word of his faith throughout the world.

And leader David Miscavige believes that in future, Cruise, 44, will be worshipped like Jesus for his work to raise awareness of the religion.

A source close to the actor, who has risen to one of the church’s top levels, said: “Tom has been told he is Scientology’s Christ-like figure.

“Like Christ, he’s been criticised for his views. But future generations will realise he was right.â€

Cruise joined the Church of Scientology in the ’80s. Leader L Ron Hubbard claimed humans bear traces of an ancient alien civilisation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007030603,00.html

0283zq.gif

I read a blip yesterday on how there's a VERY good possibility that it is Tom Christ (Cruise ) who was a key factor in luring David Beckham over to LALA Land. He had been urgently trying to get David and Posh involved and no they are heading to LA. Lots of reports that Beckham wants to pursue an acting career (i'm sure Tom told him that he'd make sure it would happen).

I love this old quote of L. Ron Hubbard's to the effect of 'if you want to make a million bucks, start a cult'. He really said that as far as I understand.

There have been anecdotal reports that he did, but nothing definite. Check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard#Controversial_episodes

for some details, including who said that Hubbard said (something like) that, and to whom.

Aloha,

Brad

suppose a vegan member of The Slip becomes a Scientologist, marries a tennis star - whom he discovered playing her official video game - and runs ads for his campaign for city treasurer on youtube.

this could get messy.

Or it could become a Broadway musical.

Aloha,

Brad

suppose a vegan member of The Slip becomes a Scientologist' date=' marries a tennis star - whom he discovered playing her official video game - and runs ads for his campaign for city treasurer on youtube.

this could get messy.

[/quote']

Or it could become a Broadway musical.

Aloha,

Brad

I like Phish too!!!!