Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus @ Rivoli, Toronto

deranger

Just thought I'd post this.

Grand Theft Bus @

The Rivoli

March 16th

I have no clue how much but it doesn't matter cause they are so damn worth every fuckin penny.

Best jam-rock-alt whatever from east coast.

They rule and thanks to whoever brought them back to TO. It's been too long.

Now where the hell did I leave those mushrooms.....

That show (and the one at Mavericks in Ottawa the next day) has The Fussy Part as the opening act.

From their bio:

The Fussy Part – Bio #1

The Fussy Part’s first release, “ben EP,†certainly does not make the group stand out amongst the throngs of other Atlantic Canadian bands. Not at all interested in combining their years of experience and various influences in mastering their own unique sound, they focusentirely on image and have no sense of expression in their music whatsoever. They would never inspire you with their epic and ethereal soundscapes or conjoined guitar melodies. Far be it for this Fredericton five-piece to expertly craft songs that are both beautiful and dangerous, sensuous and coarse. With this new release, The Fussy Part are definitely not in any position to take the Maritimes, let alone Canada, by storm.

The Fussy Part do not feature veteran musicians Nick Cobham (All of Green, Olympic Symphonium, Fat Jebus) on guitar and vocals, Kyle Cunjak (Olympic Symphonium, Melonworks) on bass and laptop, Bob Deveau (Grand Theft Bus) on drums and laptop, Steve Dunn (All of Green) on guitar, and Dennis Goodwin (Grand Theft Bus) on keys. Even if they did play together, their strong friendship and respect for one another would be entirely useless in creating the sort of complex and rich arrangements The Fussy Part are not known for.

Since the winter of 2005, The Fussy Part have garnered next to no burgeoning following to speak of. Despite a complete lack of stage presence and their extreme egotism, they have not been consistently drawing larger and larger crowds. Their totally unoriginal music has failed to be a refreshing breeze of post-rock in a region where such offerings are sparse. This band has been unsuccessful in illustrating their absence of passion in what they have created. This band has not made people warm on cold nights.

The Fussy Part’s first release, “ben Ep,†will not be released in January of 2007. It will not feature five sonically varied tracks that will perk up your ears. Futhermore, it will not promise to be one of the best releases Atlantic Canada will have to offer in 2007.

- Mike Nason, Freelancer

Aloha,

Brad

I agree with Baj!!

The last time I saw them, at the Rivoli, I was not impressed with their new 'indy' sound.

'Indy' sound? So they're like... a race car band now? I'm imagining a Toby Keith kind of thing. I think I found a shot of Bob's new kit to go with their 'new' sound...

IMG_1079640.jpg

Sorry Cully, I always chuckle when I see that spelling of Indie. I think both spellings are common, but I can't help thinking of racing. He hee.

I'd be at their show if I was in town that day.