Jambands.ca

True falafel in Ottawa (Tuesdays)

AdamH

[2/26] Tomorrow is Tuesday, a.k.a Falafel Day. So hit up Bread and Sons at lunchtime

Do yourselves a favour. If you, like me, scorn all of the shwarma places for offering what they like to call "falafel" which is in fact some kind of fried bull shit made at 9am, with congeraled shit on it and so on....

Go to Bread & Sons. They are doing real falafel sandwiches every Tuesday. They make the pita bread. They make the falafel mix from scratch. And the sandwich comes with lots of little nugget sized balls instead of two dry and mealy footballs.

They are thinking about offering it every day but for now only on Tuesday's.

After such an exceptional falafel sandwich I am floating on a cloud of happiness.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

My first bite, it fell apart. I didn't have enough napkins for a clean lunch.

However, I found the falafel balls had a wonderful texture and they were really tasty. The veggies were all wonderful. Juicy, sweet tomatoes clashing with the slight bitterness of the pickle. I was hoping for onions, and sure enough, they didn't disappoint. The hummus sauce was excellent as well. The pita was really good, but it couldn't hold up to the stuffing.

$5.95 is about 1 buck too much (standard hippy organic overpricing), but I'd have that again.