Jambands.ca

St. Patties w/ the Fatties + Special Guests!!

edger

(plus, our sick days are called life balance days in which you dont need to fake sick, you just say "i'm taking a life balance day" and that's that.)

I'm going to start calling them that! When I say I'm not coming in, I don't need a reason, but I'd like to say something.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, its a pretty neat thing.

i can't believe how spoiled some workers get though.

you wouldn't believe the stink folks over here put up when they found out their sick days (8 per year) were being dropped by ONE to 7 when they changed the policy from 'being sick (or lying)' to 'life balance days'.

i was happy that now i get to go fishing without having to say i'm sick, and to do so, i only lost one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Larry might be out of town, and my gear is on the fritz. I think the HDD in my iRiver is starting to go...I've been getting split-second glitches on my recent recordings.

It would be great if whoever's there can tape slowcoaster too!

I'll make sure to bring my gear with me then. I'll be there for SloCo also.

Thanks to all who are interested in coming early to catch our set. We're excited to be on this bill. As Brodie said, the Fat Cats will be on at their usual 12am. I would say that a logical schedule would be 10-11-12 for the three bands, but jam shows usually don't get started that early...why don't you all help us change that so we can get started at 10 and play a healthy set? Thanks!

MAR17casbah.jpg

Doors 9PM

The Achievers 10:15-10:55

Slowcoaster 11:10-11:50

Fat Cats Set 1 12:05, Set 2 as they feel it

$10 at the door.

$3 shooter menu.

plus in the lounge...

RAGAposterCOLOUR.jpg

DJing the wildest sounds and showing the craziest Bollywood Music Videos known to mankind!

Check out some samples of what to expect here (not our mix but you'll get the idea)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDVEbOKAb4g

We'll be recording the Fatties for sure. Will record everything if we get there in time but you know how St. Patrick's Day goes.

How St. Patrick's days goes? Just another day for me. Anyway, let me know by the weekend, I'd rather not bring my gear if your going to record.

Thanks to all who are interested in coming early to catch our set. We're excited to be on this bill. As Brodie said, the Fat Cats will be on at their usual 12am. I would say that a logical schedule would be 10-11-12 for the three bands, but jam shows usually don't get started that early...why don't you all help us change that so we can get started at 10 and play a healthy set? Thanks!

Glad I made it out to see the Achievers achieve a solid opening performance. Big fun watching you move between the electric and the Pedal Steel. Good singing too.

Despite how young the band is and the excellent performances of the other bands you guys held up quite nicely.

Go see the Achievers if they're coming through yo town folks.

I echo Deep's sentiments. I'm glad that we made it down early enough to catch the last half of the Achievers. I unfortunately missed the pedal steel though (much to my dismay as that was really what I was looking forward to... but you know what it's like getting a bunch of people moving early in the evening). Regardless it was nice to be introduced to your band GoodRev. I would definitely check you guys out again.

Slowcoaster was rockin (see other thread).

The place was packed!! All kinds of people seem to come out of the woodwork on St. Patties... go figure...

Well despite the fact that some of Todd's pedals were not in working order, the show was good times. The sound was CRANKED (as usual in the Casbah). Add that to my steady decline in hearing ability. GOod times do not come without their hazards I suppose. Lots of people dancing. Truthfully my recollection is a little foggy on this one. Thanks to Willy for the pre-game shennanigans. That obviously got things off on a good start for me. And thanks to Wassink Wild Card and MarcO for giving me and my sleepy, spacy hubby a place to crash. Mmmmm....late night chippies...