Jambands.ca

The Office - official thread

bouche

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is a repeat. But next week's episode looks amazing

Dunder-Mifflin is thrown into damage control when paper is released with an obscene watermark. Michael addresses the media while Jim and Andy try to calm a school principal who used the affected paper to send out invitations to the prom.

New 30 Rock tomorrow though.

I think that's the same episode that'll air on thursday. Checking the guide, it seems to be the same storyline, but the grid shows thursday's episode going past 1/2 hour. I wonder if tonight's will be compressed without commercials or of the PVR just doesn't know what's going on.

This is potentially bad news for next year. Thank god Nielson started including personal recorders in the ratings.

From today's Ain't It Cool:

When NBC announces its autumn schedule in 12 days, it may show “The Office†– the network’s top-rated sitcom and the number-two sitcom on network television - has moved to 9 p.m. Thursdays, where it will likely face off against twin colossi “Grey’s Anatomy†and “CSI.â€

According to a story in this morning’s Variety, NBC execs will pay close attention to how “The Office†performs this week and next, when supersized episodes of the sitcom slop over into the 9 p.m. hour.

We've also heard that “Scrubs,†which has been occupying half of the 9 p.m. hour most of this season, is on NBC’s chopping block. (Fans should not despair, however, as Disney – which produces “Scrubs†– is said to have long indicated that it would begin airing the show on its ABC network should NBC elect not to renew it.)

"30 Rock," already renewed for next season, seems the most likely show to follow "The Office" at 9 :30 p.m.

I remember when 9pm Thursday was the most coveted spot for a sitcom in television. I know Seinfeld had it for years, before that Cheers. But wasn't The Cosby Show the original king of that timeslot? Memory is failing.

Cosby was for sitcoms, but before Cos, the program that defined Thursday night was Magnum - a show Cosby buried and believe it or not, felt so bad about killing it in the ratings that he wore Tigers and Magnum hats on a few episodes.