Jambands.ca

Please Note: Doug Feaver starts at 9pm (not 10pm)

secondtube

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, doug did mention he's TRYING to get it to be a weekly gig....

but i didn't know he has already set it up as a weekly gig...

cool.

(however, i'd guess the most important thing to making this weekly, or at least bi weekly, would be getting some decent crowds at the beginning)

Right on Marc0, sounds like a great idea.

For anyone interested, here's the Scantily Plaid site, I check in here since the calendar is usually pretty up to date with Doug's solo gigs, as well the bands gigs.

http://www.scantilyplaid.com/main.html

[edit to add]

Oh and check out the sound clip of Scantily Plaid's version of "Lucky Man" (among others), awesome stuff, wish it were longer. Those small pipes kick ass.

Edited by Guest

i was reading some study on sleep patterns, fatigue, etc etc. the sscientist says every hour of sleep you get before midnight is worth 2 hrs of sleep after midnight, didnt get into details about how the sleep is inferior or whatever. i just find myself slow at work when i only sleep 4 hrs, especially since the other guy quit. i get to do tons of work now. anyways, enjoy the dooogie

Now that was some fun times!!!!

Dead requests at Hooters!!!

Doug was in fine form. We had quite the crowd of fans and 'locals'. The girls weren't too shabby either.

Definitely a fun night! Wish i didn't have to leave at 11:20......an hour later than i should have....

Paisley, Greg, Craig, Alexis, Kat, Luke, all of ya...thanks for making it out.

Edited by Guest

damn! wish i knew about this yesterday. This post must of went up after i left for work yesterday. I pass by hooters on my way home from work each and every DAY! Nice to see this is weekly though. Should be able to make it out sometime soon. Glad to hear it was an awesome night!

Edited by Guest

Yep, the music was great. Doug was in fine form thats for sure. I ended up sticking it out to the end of the night, or at least until Doug finished up, which was maybe 1am?

He won over a some new fans last night, it was pretty cool to meet new folks who had never seen Doug before and listen to them go off about how much they liked it.

Although, two of the girls we met last night bolted on a beer bill - and some kitchen punk who felt he was a bouncer was trying to detain me over it. Unsuccessfully I might add.

Doug won't be there next week since he's playing in Sudbury (I believe) for his birthday, but he'll be back the week after.

Good to see Secondtube, qqc, Paisley and Alexis.

those girls left on their bill? crazy. i was under the impression that you knew them... hmmmm. sarah and robin, iirc! (assuming it wasn't alexis and kat). i guess it just wasn't your night greg, with respect to being volunteered to buy others' beers. ;)

i left around 12:30 when he played Sugaree for the second time, but would gladly have stayed if not for work today.

those girls left on their bill? crazy. i was under the impression that you knew them...

Yeah, I sort of worded that wrong, meant "met up with". I sort of know the one girl. I hung out with the same crowd her older sister was part of years back in 80's and early 90's, but that was the first time I've seen her in years.

My problem with it all is, my name is attached to this whole deal. Last thing I need or want is to get in bad with Doug and I really hope it doesn't reflect back on him either.

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree that it wasn't my night. :/