Jambands.ca

Cool Spots to Hang out in O-Town

Jordan Patrick

I know a few good spots to take someone I'm just gettin to know. Ya know, someplace comfortable, with cofas, maybe serves coffee, maybe serves drinks/food. Maybe there's some light earthy music in the background, or maybe its an unplugged open mic spot. In the millions of variations out there, could you guys share a few locations that fit any or all of these descriptors?

I could think of a few, like Rasputin's on Bronson, the Second Cup on Rideau st., that weird coffee spot in Kanata Centrum, Bass Line Station (on Baseline rd.), Elephant & Castle on Thursday nights Open Mic (Rideau Center).

Does the Cajun Attic still exist? It used to be a very cool little two-storey restaurant with sofas, Mexican and Cajun food, and live jazz.

It was on Laurier, on the way over to Vanier, but I suspect it is no longer. If it's still there, though, that could be very cool.

Does the Cajun Attic still exist? It used to be a very cool little two-storey restaurant with sofas, Mexican and Cajun food, and live jazz.

Nope, it vanished a couple of years ago.

It was on Laurier, on the way over to Vanier, but I suspect it is no longer. If it's still there, though, that could be very cool.

I think it was on Rideau, actually. I remember ducking out of a company Christmas party in 2001 (during the middle of a set by "Disco Inferno" :crazy: ) at the Congress Centre, and hiking along Rideau to see Dr. Huxtable there (my second time seeing them).

Aloha,

Brad

have not lived there in about 12 years...however last time i was back in went to 'steamers' in barhaven...great coffe shop, fair trade, and use REAL ice cream (in the summer only i think) to make their iced caps....mmmhh good.

always enjoyed seeing bands at the mercury lounge. cozy kinda suave cool...is that still there?

Does the Cajun Attic still exist?
Man this place sounds awesome!

All those places sound so cool. But can you guys think of any places that don't require me to travel back in time 10-12 years?

Oh but thanks Brad, I"m going to check that place out.And if everyone works out, i'll see if she has a sister ;)

Edited by Guest

This is kind of a shamless cautiously optimistic plug, but my sister-in-law owns Cuppedia at 97 Main St. near Lees. It's a new little coffee/teas/desserts place. They have couches, wireless internet and most of the time good music. They are just starting out so it's never too busy. It might be a good place to hang out.

Edited by Guest
Davey's alway right

This is kind of a shamless cautiously optimistic plug, but my sister-in-law owns Cuppedia at 97 Main St. near Lees. It's a new little coffee/teas/desserts place. They have couches, wireless internet and most of the time good music. They are just starting out so it's never too busy. It might be a good place to hang out.

Awesome dude, I'm going to check it out. What's the music situation like? I'm also checking out places for Open Mic's.

Jordan... got a good recommendation from a co-worker for such a spot.

The "Oz Kafé". 361 Elgin St.

I've not been there, but from what she told me, it's what you're looking for.

Now I'm excited, thanks David. I'm not going to ask what happened at Rasputin's though. Were you talking during a set? lol

Oh well,

OH and i played Open Mic at the Thirsty Toad on Bank st. on Monday; its still a developing scene, but what a venue! Going to try and get that scene going for the summer, the balcony will easily hold 150+ people.