Jambands.ca

Playoff predictions?

dave-O

Here's an easy one - all 4 first-round series in the West are going to be incredible. As it stands right now:

Detroit vs Calgary

Anaheim vs Minnesota

Vancouver vs Dallas

Nashville vs San Jose

Nice reward for 1st place - looking at facing the Flames next week!

I'm going to go with the trends and boldly forecast an Atlanta vs Vancouver final (i.e. Southeast champ with a veteran captain vs western Canada team riding a hot goalie).

Atlanta (Mellanby) vs Vancouver (Luongo)

Carolina (Brind'Amour) vs Edmonton (Roloson)

Tampa (Andreychuk) vs Calgary (Kiprusoff)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if the Leafs CAN make the playoffs they will be a tough team to beat. They have been playing playoff hockey for a while now and they have been playing quite well. They are a gritty, physical team that might be able to pull off what Edmonton did last year. So I hope.

Guest Low Roller

I'm not going to have any nails or nerves left by Saturday...

In the spirit of making baseless predictions, I will go with New Jersey against Vancouver in the finals.

HA! Whitey, that's hilarious. The experts were all saying Edmonton was the most dangerous team in the West "if they could just get a goalie" from January on last season. So far you're the only person I've heard make that claim about the Leaves! ;)

The best part is you guys think one of the Leafs/Habs actually deserves to make the playoffs this year. Let's go Islanders!

leafs will beat the canadians but islanders will win thier next two and get into the playoffs. Dave-o why do the islanders deserve to be in the playoffs anymore than the leaf/habs? Leafs did better than anyone thought they would especially considering the time wellwood, tucker and peca have been injured.

The Isles deserve to get in because I deserve to see the Leaves and Habs fans cry. ;)

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I think PoG's prediction comes through and some how, some way the Leafs make it in. The Isles have been wildly inconsistant down the stretch. Can Wade Dubielewicz really get them in??

Terrible/great line from Jason Portuondo doing highlights last night - "Dubie was smoking."

I'm going to go with the trends and boldly forecast an Atlanta vs Vancouver final (i.e. Southeast champ with a veteran captain vs western Canada team riding a hot goalie).

Atlanta (Mellanby) vs Vancouver (Luongo)

Carolina (Brind'Amour) vs Edmonton (Roloson)

Tampa (Andreychuk) vs Calgary (Kiprusoff)

Nice, but I beat ya to it!

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/236590/