Jambands.ca

Diesel Dog in Chatham: Video Link!

backbacon

Is the Saxony the one with Grill Top beside it? That's nice. What about the not so Luxury Luxury Inn? Gotta think that place would be cheap.

HOLLA! hahaha Stu you make me laugh.... surprised you're getting this one off work! ;)

BRUTSKI! Get fired already.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boogie,

It all depends on how much you want spend. Most of these MOTELS mentioned above are not the nicest but if its just a place to rest a few hours I would recommend the Saxony. It does have a greasy spoon for breakfast right next door. Maybe you could get your brother to tag along too???!?

Here are some motels recommendations:

Chatham Motel

* one level, no hallways. near after party. *

658 Grand Ave E

Chatham , ON N7L 1X6

(519) 352 4670

Colonial Motel

* one level, no hallways. couple hundred meters from after party. *

717 Grand Avenue East

Chatham, Ontario N7L 1X5

Tel: 519.352.1680

16 rooms available. Golf within 5 km. Pets allowed.

Comfort Inn

* about 3 km from venue between venue & 401. hallways. many levels. *

1100 Richmond Street

Chatham, Ontario N7M 5J5

Tel: 519.352.5500 or 1.800.228.5150

Fax: 519.352.2520

Email: cn262@whg.com

www.choicehotels.ca/cn262

Packages for snowbirds, birdwatchers, genealogists, and honeymoons. Executive rooms, Ground floor rooms. Board room available. Pool and fitness passes for local YMCA. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Accessible from Highway #2 and Highway #401.

80 Rooms Available. Deluxe Continental Breakfast available. Meeting rooms on site. Golf within 5 km. Wheelchair accessible.

Saxony Motel

* 2 levels! no hallways. restaurant. 1/2 k from after party. *

525 Grand Avenue East

Chatham, Ontario N7L 3Z2

Tel: 519.354.4881

Restaurant, outdoor pool. Accessible from Highway #2 and Highway #401. 31 Rooms available. Golf within 5 km. Pets allowed.

Super 8 Motel

* just a little further down the road from the Saxony. This one has hallways and 2 levels. *

25 Michener Rd

Chatham , ON N7L 4B8

(519) 354 3366

Wheels Inn

* closest to venue. THis place is a resort in itself.. bowling, swimming, table tennis, arcade, gorilla golf, roller coaster, ferris wheel, water slide, indoor/ outdoor pool, fitness room, racquet ball, hot tub, ski ball. hallways. many levels. *

615 Richmond Street

Chatham, Ontario N7M 5K8

Tel: 519.351.1100 or 1.800.265.5257

www.wheelsinn.com

Resort hotel with bowling, golf, entertainment centre, Wild Zone adventures, fitness and recreation facilities. Accessible from Highway #401, Highway #2 and Highway #40. 350 rooms available with 15 meeting rooms.

this sounds fun. i don't know that i can make it down there, but i do know it's going to be a good enough night to bump this thread up!

bump up the jam bump it up

while your feet are stompin

and the jam is pumpin'

look at here the crowd is jumpin'

bump it up a little more

get the party going on the dance floor

*edit* due to an unexpected delight, "probably not" has now been bumped up to "hmmmmmm, maybe....."

Edited by Guest

What a wicked show on Saturday! I have never before witnessed Diesel Dog bring jams to the level they did on Saturday night. Listen to the Fishin' With the Skipper when the SBD recording surfaces for evidence of this intensity!

It was great to see some of the regular 'dance club' bar patrons getting down too! One hip hop guy was dancing super hard!! (And I don't mean QQC or Thorgnor ;) ) It was awesome!

I am really looking forward to hearing the recording of Madgrass' opening set with special guests Diesel Dog's Ryan and Floyd sitting in on a couple songs. I couldn't hear much of it from the door but received great feedback about it from people.

Big thanks to all that made it such an enjoyable evening!

478572864_3c3e8bfefa.jpg

Deisel Dog @ Twisters 28 April 2007

478592718_7ca3d25123.jpg

Madgrass with Deisel Dog's Ryan and Floyd @ Twisters 28 April 2007

Really wanted to make this...sounded like it was awsome!

We have a new puppy, that has kept us pretty tied to home, so we just couldnt go that far from Burlington and make it back in enough time to let the little girl out...

Glad it was such a great time, looking forward to hearing the sbd recording...

Edited by Guest

Yeah, you better make it down for the next one, Baj! You missed a great time!

I have a SERIOUSLY messy apartment to come home to today! Ugh, the final guest left FINALLY at 8:30 last night... about 30 seconds before I passed out for the night! All good times though! :D

You are very welcome. Babsy and I are eager to do it all again! We'll keep you posted!

It sounds like it was a great show! I'm glad things went well. That's one of the things I love about Diesel Dog, they play music that is accessible yet original and it hooks many types of music listeners (pun intended).

I'm sure Madgrass was also lots of fun ... I liked what I heard from them when they played at the last FUNdraiser show.

Peace, Mark