Jambands.ca

Toronto Tacos

bouche

Sharon and I passed a place on Bloor St. West that had a sign "Best Tacos in Town". We're walking past yummy Korean places and trying to figure out what to eat tonight and totally considering Korean BBQ and maybe some Bi Bim Bap, and all of a sudden without warning, this mexican place popped up! I reached for my wallet and realized that I had just eaten.

Anyway, that turned the gears toward some tasty mexican foods (sorry Ollie wrong forum, but it's time sensitive).

Does anyone know that place I'm talking about? They even had a sign showing that they served "Cristal" beer. Where would you go for some super tasty mexican?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are talking about Tacos El Asador at Bloor and Clinton, across from Clinton's the bar. It is amazing, I lived in the area for years and El Asador was a staple! I sugguest trying the puposa's with bean inside.

If you are going Korean I suggest Il Bun Ji just south of Major on Bloor. I think its beside the IGA pharmacy.

I don't know what place that is ... however, the BEST BURRITOS are definitely at:

Burrito Boyz!!!!

http://www.burritoboyz.ca/

Unfuckingreal ... i tell ya.

Screw that. The best burritos are on Queen Street West, just east of Bathurst called New York Subway. They don't load up the burritos with beans and rice. They make the best burrito I've ever had.

http://toronto.ibegin.com/restaurants/new-york-subway

I think I've found the best sushi in Toronto, at Sushi on Bloor. It was incredibly fresh, tasty and nicely rolled. They have a metric assload of vegetarian options and they deliver too. With generous amounts of soy sauce and wassabi, they have effectively greased my palms for some free promotion.

I don't know about Mexican, but I have had a ridiculous amount of sushi and felafel since I moved here. The best felafel is still that place in Kensingtion Market beside Roach-a-Rama. Get it extra spicy, if you can handle it. :P

Oh yeah, and there's this little place called Friends deli near Yonge and Davisville that has the best samosas I've ever had, I get them every day for lunch at work. Get the big veggie samosa. It's filled with potatos and veggies that are fresh cooked in a curry and cinnamon spice mix. Good pastry too.

thanks everyone especially bokonon for your suggestions on veggie chioces...when we go to

toronto thats that area we are always around

and have wondered about that place beside roacho rama...

man I really love these food threads...

im a food o holic PIG... hehe

Screw that. The best burritos are on Queen Street West' date=' just east of Bathurst called New York Subway. They don't load up the burritos with beans and rice. They make the best burrito I've ever had.

http://toronto.ibegin.com/restaurants/new-york-subway

[/quote']

Here, here!!

Potato and cheese xtra spicy!

I had the regular chicken two weeks ago and have had dreams of it ever since.

At "Dos Amigos" on Bathurst, you can enjoy a variety of 100% Blue Agave Tequilas:

Jose Cuervo Anejo Reserva de la Familia $17.00

Cabo Wabo Reposado $12.50

Mr. Hussong’s Reposado $11.00

Margaritaville Premium Gold $6.50

Sauza Triada Anejo $10.50

Cesar Monterrey Tequila Reposado Reserva $12.00

Tenoch Reposado $12.00

El Jimador Anejo Limited Addition $14.00

Herradura Anejo $12.00

Sauza Tres Generaciones Anejo $9.50

Herradura Reposado $9.25

De Los Dorados Blanco $6.50

Herradura Silver $6.75

De Los Dorados Gold $7.95

Casa Grande Reposado $9.50

Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado $7.50

El Jimador Reposado $7.95

Porfidio Plata Tequila $10.00

El Jimador Blanco $6.95

Mezcal Monte Alban with the worm $7.00

Olmeca Gold $8.50

Sauza Conmemorativo Anejo $8.50

El Charro Silver $6.50

Viuda de Romero Oro $7.50

Cueva Vieja Oro $7.95

Viuda de Romero Blanco $6.50

Cueva Vieja Silver $6.50

4 Copas Reposado Tequila $7.50

Cuervo 1800 Anejo $8.50

Patron Anejo Tequila $11.00

Jose Cuervo Clasico White $6.00

Cuervo Special Premium Gold $7.50

Sauza Hornitos Reposado $8.50

100% Sotol Anejo Chihuahua $6.50

Tequila Milagro Reposado $8.50

The food is damn good too!

http://www.mikadorestaurant.ca/

Location- thats the catch- Mikado is on Laird, South of Eglington. More or less in the middle of nowhere. They do not deliver. Everything there is amazing, including veg choices. Personal veg faves- Horenso Goma, Agedashi Dofu, Nasumiso. The snow pea, shitake, and asparagus nigri are sooo goood! Damn I'm making myself hungry!