Jambands.ca

Toronto Tacos

bouche

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wolfed down some killer St. Louis wings. I used to haunt the orginal (Bistro On Avenue) in my younger days and have been hooked ever since. Aside from some special venue (like the Anchor in Buff) I rank all wings against these ... DAMN i'm full and feeling good (saw the Pens win while I was waiting for my order ).

I just wolfed down some killer St. Louis wings. I used to haunt the orginal (Bistro On Avenue) in my younger days and have been hooked ever since. Aside from some special venue (like the Anchor in Buff) I rank all wings against these ... DAMN i'm full and feeling good (saw the Pens win while I was waiting for my order ).

St. Louis wings are my favourite wings ever. No matter if you get mild or suicide, they are made the same way. I believe they are baked, but unlike most wing places switch to hot-sauce with any wing above mild, the wings at St. Louis all have the same flavour, but get hotter. I love their dipping sauce and the smattering of wedge fries too.

bokonon, we should cook for each other some day, sister!!!!

We certainly miss Toronto eats, and still make the rounds to fav restuarants and shops to pick up stuff like injera bread and various TVP stuff, nori, etc whenever we're in town.

Sushi on Bloor is THE BEST (and a real emotional connection too...we ate there so often, it marks many significant moments...like going into labour right after a meal) Our kids ate there alot, too, and were always given complimentary green tea ice cream.

Do you like Indian or Ethiopian, Lex? Lots to recommend.

Have you been to Grapefruit Moon on Bathurst/Follis...yummy veggie options. Also Jumbo Empanadas in Kensington does a good veggie option...you know, just to bring this thread back to its Mexican origins.

El Asador was FUCKING KILLER! Thanks for the confirmation. It was most definately the place we smelled by today. They had no Cristal. Apparently the beer is held at the border because it's coming from Cuba so we got good ol' Sol.

We ordered shitloads. 2 beef crispy tacos, 1 pork, 2 chirizo quesadillas, 2 bean pupusos and I think that was it. It was shitloads though. and we ate it all. it was fantastic.

there are more foodies here than I thought. you guys better all join us in the foodies forum a little more regularly talking about your favourite good eats. This was a fun post to go through tonight.

Though I've never tasted first hand' date=' I heard bokonon has the best taco in Toronto![/quote']

You really heard about my tacos? I make kickass tofu tacos with fresh guacamole and salsa. But who told you about them? I'm a legend in my own time.

LOL! I was just being crude. Though I'm sure your tacoS are wonderful.

Though I've never tasted first hand' date=' I heard bokonon has the best taco in Toronto![/quote']

You really heard about my tacos? I make kickass tofu tacos with fresh guacamole and salsa. But who told you about them? I'm a legend in my own time.

LOL! I was just being crude. Though I'm sure your tacoS are wonderful.

That was supposed to be crude? PPPPFFFFFFT! You're going to have to try harder than that, fuck. That was sad. But it did remind me of some old Saturday Night Live sketches with the Spartans:

Taco

Burrito

What's that hangin' out of your speedo?

• 1 year later...

My ass would argue with the Burritoboyz comment. It was pretty damn tasty, but I once got food poisoning from them. :thumbdown:

I still went back while drunk a month later. Tasted just as good and did not cause me to puke so hard, that I shat myself. :o

Thumbs up. :thumbup:

Edited by Guest

Big Fat Burrito in Kensington is awesome. I was a bit skeptical, but when I dug in, it blew my mind...

By comparison, New York sub is like a bit of plain chicken on wonder bread with ketchup...

I haven't had the chance the try El Adasor yet, but it looks and smells amazing. Apparently the chorizo burrito is the best. Definitely have to make a point to get over there...