Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL: Caution Jam Boat Cruise

Schwa.

Ah... crazy Kirk. Didn't see it happen... but I watched him get a stip tore off him (figuratively) back at the camp fire. FTR I didn't even believe he did it (thought he was talking out of his ass)... but when Cjamson confirmed it along with his disappointment, I was a little shocked.

What a great time other than that. Got to sleep before the cops showed up... Marges' "Did someone get shot?" query to the cops was priceless when I heard about it the next day! Good work 'disaster reflector'!

The music on the boat was fantastic. Any specific attention to any player at anytime showed that they were all at the top of their game. The weather co-operated... and I got wasted.

It was all topped off nicely with a cool cool dip into the vastly shallow Georgian Bay, but was it oh so very nice!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it was soo weird. Duane and i were within arms length when he made the plunge. He was talking to a couple of girls and then when the conversation seemed to be over he just 1-2-3'd right over the side. We just looked at each other with that 'did he just jump over the side' look on our faces....and then the crazy gung ho campsite guys were looking for him all night saying that he ruined the party for everyone. I didn't notice any difference in my fun levels though :)

Riverboat Fantasy sing-along was fun, and the scenery did not disappoint.

THANKS C-JAM!

I had a blast on the boat... I was suprised when we were pulling into the dock, Time had gone by soooo Quickly. Kinda blew my mind. And was thinking Wow that was quick ride. hehehe... I wiped out Hula hooping Pretty hard in the morning lost my hat and sunglasses and pretty banged up a 6 inch hole right thru my tie-dye. Worst Hula Hooping Wipe out ever. I really Liked the boat cruise, THe camping was kinda Bland. The camp ground had a Funny Dorito Smell waffting from it.

I Had a great time.

I had a blast on the boat... I was suprised when we were pulling into the dock, Time had gone by soooo Quickly. Kinda blew my mind. And was thinking Wow that was quick ride. hehehe... I wiped out Hula hooping Pretty hard in the morning lost my hat and sunglasses and pretty banged up a 6 inch hole right thru my tie-dye. Worst Hula Hooping Wipe out ever. I really Liked the boat cruise, THe camping was kinda Bland. The camp ground had a Funny Dorito Smell waffting from it.

I Had a great time.

I thought the same thing when we got back.

Also, the rest of the Skanks should know, that wipe-out was one of the most glorious hoola-hooping wipe-outs I have ever witnessed. Hope yer okay matty!

Yeah, \/\/illy I made an attempt at Video taping. I had a small camera velcroed to a mic stand. I'm afraid the audio was way too loud for the tiny mic. I'll get it to you as soon as I can William. Hopefully you can do something with it because the video end of things came out really well.

Edited by Guest

the cruise was great.. the guys really put their heart into it.

i couldnt believe the set list.. i dont think i've ever heard them play loose lucy :) it was great how the music didnt end there.. before and after the cruise there seemed to be a jam going on at most camp fires.. so i just wandered with my 12 string in hand from site to site..

great people, friendly vibes

i couldnt have asked for more

thanks guys

HA, Loose Lucy was my setbreak request, man i was soooo happy to hear that one. THANKS Mark and Tom for playin that one :)

I actually played some guitar with you i think tree troll, although things are a wee bit foggy around that time.

Cheers to a kick-ass time :)

Awesome time-a little blurry during periods and I managed to slop my drinks over me the whole boat ride-very classy!!

I had giggling fits everytime I saw the security golf cart come racing across the field with its lights on then cut the lights and try and slowly and surreptitiously pounce on the wrongdoer.

Kirk makes me laugh-especially when they put out his fire and he dragged dead wood out of the bushes to set it alight again.

Great to see y'all. Halbert don't forget you, Krista(sp?) and Zane(sp?) are all welcome up here anytime you like!!

Also great to meet Jeff, road manager for the Forgotten Rebels who oddly knew one of my crazy high school buddies.

i remember them putting out buddy's fire now. HA! they came over to the site i was chillin' at after that and pounced on everyone that would strum the guitar so everyone just took turns strumming in different areas making him chase notes all around the fire..it was hilarious (but cruel) I then told the very stressed out guy to relax, because it likely wasn't going to stop (which it didn't) at which time he turned to the bigger guy and said "should we make the call?" and the big guy agreed. The cops showed up shortly after....nothing stopped.

Nothing like sticking it to the man!

Keep the memories coming, i need a jumpstart on most of the 'aftercruise'