Jambands.ca

Lᴑﻜҽ ƴҽɾ کɧᴑҽﻜ ƻᴑᴑך

\/\/illy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the camping separate from the music, as in, can people come and camp if they don't want to see the music?

I got an answer from Tom on this one. Everyone except children under 12 has to pay for a festival ticket in order to camp. He did say that there is tonnes to do at this campground which makes it not a bad deal.

Here are some reviews from last year:

I had such a spectacular weekend. It was a beautiful venue and a fantastic time!
What an amazing weekend. It was so good to see so many great people out for this event.
SOOOOO much fun - such good music - so good to see so many familar faces and meet a few new ones as well.

Best campfire jam I've ever witnessed for sure.

Such a nice place although I am kinda wishing I wasn't so lazy and made it to the beach. Can't wait to do it all again.

What an absolutely beautiful weekend. Wonderful people, amazing music, and a gorgeous piece of land. Just the cleansing my soul needed, I feel like a new person today. I didn't lose my shoes, but it sure feels like I got new ones, 'cause theres a special little kick in my steps today.

I highly reccomend this festival to anyone with kids(MOBE...I'm looking your way). Small crowd of good people, no sketchy crap you find at other festies.

And some more...

Wow, I stayed Sunday night too, and still didn't want to go home on Monday. What a great frigg'n time... great people, music, dancing with my daughter, having my gals there for a change was fantastic. And some great drum times, watch'n hitchhike mike playing the fire. Can't beat fresh air, fresh coffee, and even fresher people.
great festival!!
This was my second yr, and it just keeps gettin better !!!
I too had a fabulous time this weekend. I have said it before, and I will say it again one of my all time favourite past times in the whole wide world is sitting around the fire singing with good friends.

More yet...

We were happy to be able to paarticipate in the fest. Beautiful grounds and a really relaxing atmosphere.
Great time! Excellent site! Nice to meet some new people. Thanks to Mike and Tom for a real good time.
Great hanging out with all you stellar folks. Unforgetable.

I dug up a couple more quotes:

just wanted to say thanks to all the musicians and skanks and skank musicians for a fantastic weekend.

The music was wicked, and it was nice to see so many people with kids and dogs.

...overload! pleasure overload!!!

That was fantastic! Perfect weather; meteor showers, great bands; awesome people everywhere; what a time!

That festival was everything I could have hoped for! I can't wait to do it all again next year!!

myspace page updated![color:red]www.myspace.com/loseyershoes

Thanks Jay. Here's a hotlinked version: http://www.myspace.com/loseyershoes

I've got to tell you: I just don't get it. Why do people want crappy looking myspace pages that remind me of layouts I saw in the earliest days of the World Wide Web when they have functional websites? It just never ceases to baffle me.

thanks for the map dood! is it on the same weekend each year? cuz we will be at another fest which is that weekend.

It has moved around to different weekends through the years and I believe this is the first year that it's happening on the long weekend. I believe the intention is that if it works well this year, it would remain consistently on the August long weekend.

Lose Yer Shoes Folkadelic Festival - Schedule Aug. 3 – 6, 2007

Friday Main Stage

7 p.m.

Rose Garland

10 p.m.

Cabin Fever

Saturday Main Stage

Saturday Folk Stage

1 p.m.

Michael Moon

noon

Shady Tree

3 p.m.

Gillies-Filipowitsch

2 p.m.

Hurricane Mike Thompson

5 p.m.

Steve Murphy / Mark Wilson

4 p.m.

Steve Porter

10 p.m.

Caution Jam

Sunday Main Stage

Sunday Folk Stage

noon

Gospel Hour

11 a.m.

Kids’ set

2 p.m.

Yellow Butterfly

1 p.m.

Open mic

4 p.m.

Darcy Good

3 p.m.

Lead Pipe Cinch

4:30 p.m.

Barefootin'

6 p.m.

Ashlea Smith

7 p.m.

Diesel Dog

10 p.m.

All Star Jam

Monday Main Stage

noon

Two Stone Throw

2 p.m.

Biodegradable Band

Is the camping separate from the music' date=' as in, can people come and camp if they don't want to see the music?

I'm thinking about hitting this up with the family.[/quote']

There's a whole bunch of us hitting it up with the family. Why wouldn't yours want to see the music? There's kid-centric stuff too. A whole time-slot of kids music usually. Plus, I've never seen children not enjoy the tie-dye workshop!

does that mean you and the wife are considering hitting this up? It woud be good to see you guys and the new baby.