Jambands.ca

Sunday at Bluesfest

AD

Anyone here go to Bluesfest? Had a relaxing day seeing the HiLoTrons, Papa Mali, King Sunshine, Deadstring Brothers, Sam Roberts Band and Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings

Awesome day, Sharon Jones was a definite highlight and a great way to close the festival. If you haven't seen Sharon Jones before you're in for a treat. I think she's playing Calgary at the end of July. Such a funky show, she definitely is the female James Brown, "soul sister number One!"

I stuck around at the Blacksheep Stage until about 8pm; I wanted to make it to (if not through) Sharon Jones, but I just didn't have the strength. King Sunshine was good, as was Danny Michel Band (with Jim Bryson on keys).

Aloha,

Brad

Last time I saw Jade McNelis she really turned me off with her attitude. I purposely missed her yesterday. I suppose i owe her another chance, but there were too many other things to see yesterday.

i saw a bunch of the dance party, it was more fun than sharon jones, imo! (left her set twice). there were the village people dancing around of course doing the hits, and a few female singers that i didn't know. you could walk right up to the front pretty much. the encore was YMCA of course!

What a good last day of Bluesfest. We saw HiLotrons, Watermelon Slim, King Sunshine Deadstring Brothers, Sam Roberts, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings. Ate almost every kind of food there was and got drunk as shit. A perfect way to say goodbye.

Edited by Guest