Jambands.ca

Charity games??

Birdy

So i'm organizing a high-end charity event which is basically a glitzy cocktail party with both a live and silent auction. The event will raise money for the Antique Automobile club of America. I'd like to incorporate some kind of games in the event which will give all the shmoozers something to do other than stare at each for a couple of hours.

Does anyone have any ideas as far as games to raise money go?

QUARTERS! perhaps you missed the whole 'high-end' part of the post. Too bad those damn Americans don't have twonies! Hello BIG TIME!

er.. there's some great ideas here *cough*... lol.. i especially like wheelbarrow races and sumo suits... maybe i can do sumo wheelbarrow races? that'd be cool.

I think the poker tourny is a good idea but takes too much time.. maybe a few black jack tables. Now i'm leaning towards flame blowers and magicians... we'll see!

QUARTERS! perhaps you missed the whole 'high-end' part of the post. Too bad those damn Americans don't have twonies! Hello BIG TIME!
Rubes!! Birdy said high-end and glitzy and y'all suggest 'quarters'. Please, these people can afford 'Toonies'.

Deja vu!!

Yep. Stuff is displayed for people to place silent bids on.. normally say a piece of artwork is up for auction, a sheet of paper would be on a table and people would come up, put their names and their bid amounts on it... and the list grows with people topping one another's bids.