Jambands.ca

Roll call: Beastie Boys Toronto?

c-towns

Fantastic show.

The instrumental work from the new album was superb...Suco de Tangerina and B for My Name were insane.

Sound and light show were great from my vantage point(row G).

The non instrumental choices were solidly in the punk BB pocket..which was awesome.There wasn't as much instrumental stuff from other albums as I thought there would be.

The "hits" that they played were the weakest part of the evening..Jesse James,So Whatcha Want etc.Not bad by any stretch....just lacking a little something.Likely because dudes who look like 45 year old accountants don't pull off edgy,youthful, cocky rebellion so well!!Sabotage was the last song.

We also attended the gala (dressed ULTRA-slick, I may add) at the Hummingbird Center with ALMOST as good a vantage point as Allison (row H) and I would agree with her review of the show...

The sound was BEAUTIFUL and the whole gala idea was a fun way to get the audience involved...

The band was way tighter than I thought they'd be...Alfredo Ortiz and Money Mark's contributions on percussion and keys were a huge part of why the instrumental selections worked so well live...The instrumental stuff was so good, I would have been happy if they didn't play a "hit" the whole show...

We walked away feeling as though we were part of a really special night...