Jambands.ca

recent film recommendations

fluffhead77

We always rent movies but nothing has grabbed me lately, not that I can recall right now. I didnt particularily enjoy Fraction but it was alright. In fact, save for Anthony Hopkins (even though he seemed to be chanelling a prior character but isnt that par for the course with acting?), I got more entertainment out of Premonition. Yes Basher. Sandra Bullock but I get the feeling I would have to at least watch Premonition one more time because what I just wrote felt REEEEEEEEEALLY dirty. Time and place mean everything to me when I watch a flick.

I echo the Stranger Than Fiction comments. And again, I point anyone toward Children Of Men. I think Zodiac was the 'best' last movie I have seen and that was about 6 weeks ago. Little Children was rented just after that and that will put you in a tailspin if you are up for a touch of diabolical drama here and there. That film in particular caused some unique emotions seen on my tele in that Rescue Me way, minus the percentage of humour.

Just watched "Death Proof" which is out on DVD now... I guess they are releasing both "Grindhouse" features separately... Not as good as the second feature, "Planet Terror", its your basic Quentin flick... which would normally be good, but imagine the SuperCool dialog between Travolta and Uma in Pulp Fiction, which is like 3 mins... but expanded to 40 mins between a bunch of teenage girls and it gets a little long... 11 out of 10 for the premise and the visual and technical aspects of creating a modern film feel like an old drive-in/exploitation flick... sadly you don't get fake trailers either... so no Werewolf Women of the SS, unless they are easter eggs on the DVD.

If you like Tarantino you'll love it... if not stay away...