Jambands.ca

Blues for Kids at Maxwell's.

Hux

***UPDATE 2 - tax receipts will be issued for your donations*****

Hey Skanks,

I've been involved with Easter Seals for a few years and I'm organizing a Blues fundraiser on Thursday Oct. 11th at Maxwell's here in O-town.

Admission is now a donation! (I guess we recommend $20 but we'd rather you show up with a toonie and support the kids than stay home)

But please understand that every cent will go towards our local "kids" - basically Easter Seals helps families of kids with disabilities who cannot afford expensive mobility items (wheelchairs, vehicle lifts, leg braces, etc) and things like summer camp and other great programs that benefit the kids very very much.

Opening the show will be a new project by some Skanks (temporarily named) the Rosehill Blues Band, me, Ms. Hux and a few others (not sure of their skank names Jon & Trevor?) so this will be our first show.

Here are the details on the other bands and a little more info about ES - please PM or email me if you'd like tickets!

n5440155977_3759.jpg

By attending Blues for Kids, your donation will help children, youth and young adults with physical disabilities achieve their full individual potential and future independence. Easter Seals funds disability solutions through financial assistance, summer camp, the Recreational Choices funding program, research, advocacy, and public and consumer education.

Featuring (in reverse order of appearance)

Myers Brothers Blues Band

http://www.quazimojoblues.com/

“Blue†Mike Myers, Marco “Pepe†Tedeschini and “L’il Stevie†Myers will bring their hypnotic trance-blues and

rockin' boogie stylings direct from the delta’s Juke Joints.

(Myers Brothers appear courtesy of Frozen Delta Records)

Linda Grenier and Friends

http://www.lindagrenier.com/

Canadian-born Linda Grenier is a powerful singer who has become an accomplished songwriter, and has released two CD’s of original material to prove it.

Linda spends many hours traveling back and forth from county to city. Her music is often influenced by the hustle and bustle of everyday life as she reflects on it behind the wheel of her car. It's these everyday inspirations that lead to her first CD release, "GO'IN PICK'IN" in November 2000. Linda's 2nd CD, appropriately entitled, "ASPHALT RAMBLINGS", was released on August 28th, 2003.

Rosehill Blues Band

Classic Blues - Ottawa style. Featuring Sharon Williamson, Jon Ball, Matt Salvatore, Geoff Smith and Trevor Curtis.

Once the Bell guy comes tonight to straighten out my internet (running about at 1/20th the speed for whatever reason) I'll make sure I start streaming any and all things that occur in the jamspace in the basement.

I need to start gettin some new music to play from newer artists.

Rosehill Blues Band

Classic Blues - Ottawa style. Featuring Sharon Williamson, Jon Ball, Matt Salvatore, Geoff Smith and Trevor Curtis.

Did a double-take when I saw this. I don't know who has the Matt Salvatore connection, but brother has some serious chops. We were pseudo-roomates at school in New Brunswick, so I used to jam with the guy pretty regularly. Last I was talking to him he wasn't playing much, so I'm glad to see he's connected with you. Wish I could be around for the show.

Good luck!

Peace,

Hart

I can tell you that at each and every rehearsal, during each and every song, Matt blows me away with the way he rips into solos, leads the way and just sounds like a seasoned rock star.

Plus he's an awesome person and makes me laugh.

It's really nice to know him.

Should we change the thread title to "Matt Salvatore Appreciation Thread"? ;)

Excellent performance by the band. What were they called again? looks like ottawa has another good band !

There was a pretty darn good turnout for the time slot and later, I noticed MUCH more people had arrived while I was watching them play.

My only complaint was that the bar staff was giving back 2 toonies and a looney for change on a $5 beer. What did they think I was going to do? Give them $1 tip for each overpriced bottle of canadian?

I had to ask for quarters so I could leave something more reasonable.

I agree about Rosehill Blues Band: good times! The "Soulshine" cover was a blast, and hearing the Dr. Huxtable tune "Switzerland" kicked me into flashback mode (largely because I couldn't identify it [beyond recognizing it as a Dr. H song], just as I was never able to identify it when I saw Dr. Huxtable perform it :) ). How much money was raised?

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
The band is named "Rosehill Brlues Band," not "Rosehill Drive."

(no NFO - it is permanently retired)

That's probably for the best, to keep the memories we have of it unsullied by any (possibly unsuccessful) attempts at reviving it.

Besides, it wouldn't exactly be a "new" funk order now, would it? It's been several years (at least) since it was written.

Aloha,

Brad