Jambands.ca

mmmm The Foolish Chicken

Davey Boy 2.0

• 1 month later...

crystal's bro and i did get take out from there over the holis and had a beer while we waited.

turns out the owner guy is an ex-punker and he and crystal's bro had a 30-45 minute conversation about music. they had to stick the food in the warmer while we finished up our beers

when we went there on saturday the guy was laughing at me, asked if we'd gotten in trouble last time for taking so long getting home

• 2 weeks later...

just got back with an order for 6

I had the pulled pork with fries. Fuckin' tasty. I love brined fries !

Others had various combos of the quarter chicken and half rib variety along with sweet potato fries. Everyone loved it and they were wondering where I heard of the place.

Thanks Davey-Boyyyyy!

Hey Mikey- I'm not sure I have heard of "brined fries". Do they just brine them in a salt water solution, or do they add some spicey sweetness to the mix? Just wondering b/c I have a new client who is looking for ways to stand out from the crowd. I'm selling him fresh potatoes, but I'm not fond of his fries and would love to offer him suggestions to improve his product. He does make a bad-ass rotisserated chicken rubbed with Peruvian spices.

Hey Mikey- I'm not sure I have heard of "brined fries". Do they just brine them in a salt water solution, or do they add some spicey sweetness to the mix? Just wondering b/c I have a new client who is looking for ways to stand out from the crowd. I'm selling him fresh potatoes, but I'm not fond of his fries and would love to offer him suggestions to improve his product. He does make a bad-ass rotisserated chicken rubbed with Peruvian spices.

I believe you just need to soak the cut fries in a brine overnight...or 24 hours or something. is the guy frying them in 2 stages? They definitely need to be blanched at about 325 degrees for 3-5 minutes and then drained and rested for at least 10 minutes and then crank the oil to 375 or so to finish off the fries to the nice golden brown we all love. Then season with whatever you want.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but a good fry brine is always behind tasty fries. YOu know a fry is brined when the INSIDE potato has flavour.

And to summarize bouche's response Jay, the brine is merely cold, salt water. They can soak for a couple hours or even overnight.

Once removed from the brine they need to either drain or be pat dried.

Once blanched they can sit for 10 minutes or hours.

Use this method on the new potato popping up in all the grocery stores called the "Purple Sweetie" and I guarentee you the best fry you've ever tasted.

the brine is merely cold' date=' salt water[/quote']

Don't most meat brines also have sugar in them?

Aloha,

Brad

They do Brad, and brining meat in salt and sugar is something we do all the time. I love it. But it's not that great for fries. They have enough starch without the added sugar. Salt does the job just fine.

'Purple Sweetie' actually. 'Meat Brine' was his girlfriend.

'boyfriend'

Mike was gay in highschool

I was only appeared gay in that one misunderstanding one night you got me drunk in college and I thought that when you asked me if I ever had anal sex before, you meant "with a chick". I had no idea that you were actually trying to drill me up the ass.

I couldn't sit for a week.

that didn't make me gay. you were the one with your dick up an ass.

'Purple Sweetie' actually. 'Meat Brine' was his girlfriend.

'boyfriend'

Mike was gay in highschool

I was only appeared gay in that one misunderstanding one night you got me drunk in college and I thought that when you asked me if I ever had anal sex before' date=' you meant "with a chick". I had no idea that you were actually trying to drill me up the ass.

I couldn't sit for a week.

that didn't make me gay. you were the one with your dick up an ass.[/quote']

Taking a dick makes you gay my friend :) If this was the case you were my bitch. lol Thank god I was drunk.