Jambands.ca

What It Is! Funky Soul and Rare Grooves (1967-1977)

ersh

Anyone check this out yet? I just got it and it's damn sweet. Some reeeeal nice tracks on here.

[color:red]Ninety-one tracks deep and five hours long.

This may be the desert island comp for funk and soul fans. From the New Orleans ' R&B of Allen Trousie Toussaint," to the funk universalism of Earth, Wind and Fire, this comp touches nearly all the bases.

There are seminal jams such as Bay Key's "Soul Finger," but much of this focuses on rare gems from many of soul's biggest names. Perhaps the disk's greatest virtue, though, is the attention paid to lesser known acts, which makes this collection as much a beginning as it is an end.

Get it!

http://lostin-tyme.blogspot.com/2007/05/va-what-it-is-funky-soul-and-rare.html

What+It+Is+f.jpg

Edited by Guest

thanks for the heads up :)

i noticed a similar thing with the first 2... track 17 was part of the tracklisting in part 1, and was the only tune in part 2 - but neither worked, until i downloaded the sendspace link from 'ersh...

downloading part 1 of disc 2 now... loved the first disc, thanks for this.

hey kook... my disc 2 part 1 only has tracks 1 - 12 in it... ?

also, re: the miles davis files - did anyone else have a problem opening the .rar's? they downloaded fine, but when i tried to open them i kept getting a structure error on the 2nd one.. anyone know how i can get around that? [edit: got it. sometimes im dumb.]

a 2nd vote for an 'ersh forum - cheers, man!

Edited by Guest
stupidity.

figured it out...for my computer anyhow:

When you have both archives on your computer, open each and you will see the disc split between the two. When you unpack archive 1, it automatically detects and unpacks #2. Look in the destination folder, the full disc will be there even though you only unpacked part 1.

Now if you go back and look at the archive for part one, it will show the whole disc, even though, moments ago, it only had half of it. I've never seen this happen before...i'm using WinXP pro with winRAR 3.6

hope this helps. for future reference, anyone jumping on this should not unpack .rar's until you have both for any disc.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this link, 'ersh!! This Lost-In-Tyme site is incredible!

I've been downloading some of the best Psych - Acid - Folk - Garage - Prog - Kraut - Classic Rock - Punk - Funk - Soul - Jazz - World..... all morning long!

Right now I'm lisetening to:

r-310091-1162685969.jpg

Mandre (1977)

It's some wonderful synthy soulful stuff!

Buying a premium rapid share membership is totally worth it.