Jambands.ca

Led Zeppelin Reunion

boiler

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is all this hype really about JPJ?

HIGHLY underrated musician and component of LZ.

20 million people scrambling to get tickets to see him play with Led Zeppelin? Sounds like he's not underrated anymore.

LOL ... i don't think teh 20million were just for him, but I do hope that he gets some more attention as being as much a contributor to the LZ sound as the other 3. He's kind of like the George Harrison of Zep :)

As much as I don't want to see them tour. If I had the chance I'd see them in heartbeat.

The chance to see a version of Led Zeppelin is something I wouldn't miss.

Seeing the music live is an experiecne unto itself.

Also Page is a guitar god due to his timless riffs, and blinding spedd (in his prime) and extended techniques (see violin bow, theromen etc..)

And for that matter many people think Niel Young is a guitar god (which I agree) and he is sloppy as hell.

Listen to the 1969 Fillmore Led Zeppelin show on Wolfgangs Vault and tell me if you still think he's a typical palyer.

Edited by Guest

Page's imagination and ingenuity on guitar is humbling to say the least. I know he "borrowed" a lot of licks and riffs from blues greats and even Hendrix (No Quarter's main riff was lifted off of the bridge of Machine Gun), but he used them to create some of the greatest rock albums ever, not to mention his guitar playing was killer and influential. Although he's not much of a slide player. No one's perfect, except for Django and Lenny Breau.

Edited by Guest

Mike, you equate greatness with clean picked notes? What about Page's riffs? Plus, blues is best when it's sloppy.

That's not what I said at all. I love Garcia's playing and he was sloppy as hell.

I don't see why Jimmy is considered a guitar god, but I can see why Jerry is.

Mike' date=' you equate greatness with clean picked notes? What about Page's riffs? Plus, blues is best when it's sloppy.[/quote']

That's not what I said at all. I love Garcia's playing and he was sloppy as hell.

I don't see why Jimmy is considered a guitar god, but I can see why Jerry is.

And for the longest time you didn't like Hendrix and I believe you think Townshend is a hack. Do you own any Zeppelin?

Here's David "The only credible music writer left at Rolling Stone" Fricke's review of last night's show: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17601364/led_zeppelin_the_full_report_from_david_fricke

Thanks for that review. I really like how it captured what went down.

Now, did you check out the photo links? Great stuff :)

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/17592369/led_zeppelin_returns_photos_from

17592933-17592936-large.jpg

17600820-17600822-large.jpg17600816-17600818-large.jpg

Hey Phorbs, by what I learned today in an email I should get "this lefsetz jerk"'s weekly emails because what has typically been posted on this board over the past years is not entirely indicative of what he has to say.

And let the record show I am still howling at AD's Phil Lesh comment. I spit a little water out of my mouth when I saw the same picture in the Sun today.

More vids collected at:

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&title=led_zeppelin_live_footage_from_o2_arena__1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I'd go and see these guys in a second if/when they tour in '08. I'll be trying to get tix for any gig within a reasonable distance from here (or make an event of it and get a cheap flight outta Buff to somewhere in the US)

I've talked with you in the past about Hendrix. That conversation was fortunately a long time ago.

strange. when I started playing guitar in high school I was into hendrix and learned what I could in grade 12. I was even in a band that year with Dave Ross (I think he was signing up here!) that covered "Fire" in a battle of the bands at Stages.

You must have been drunk.

dimeadozen!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=174419

Led Zeppelin

O2 Arena, London, England

December 10, 2007

Slowburn master torrent #001

DPA 4061 -> Microtracker 24/48, downsampled to 16/44 for CD use

Recorded from section 407, row J

This is not the best recording I have ever made. Not even close. Section 407 is all the way up in line with the ending of the floor. Fortunately I managed to move down from the second to last row which was considerably higher up than row J

Since this show is what it is I assume most can live without perfection for awhile. I'm sure better sources will turn up but this is listenable and will give you a great feel for the show.

d1t01 Intro

d1t02 Good Times Bad Times

d1t03 Ramble On

d1t04 Black Dog

d1t05 In My Time Of Dying

d1t06 For Your Life

d1t07 Trampled Under Foot

d1t08 Nobody's Fault But Mine

d1t09 No Quarter

d2t01 Since I've Been Loving You

d2t02 Dazed And Confused

d2t03 Stairway To Heaven

d2t04 The Song Remains The Same

d2t05 Misty Mountain Hop

d2t06 Kashmir

d2t07 crowd

d2t08 Whole Lotta Love

d2t09 crowd

d2t10 Rock And Roll

I left the crowd in there to give the full experience.

There is a small problem about a minute into the first song. Not sure what happened. It's on the master.

I have downsampled and converted using adobe audition 1.5. No other changes have been made to the master. Please do not upload any remasters of this recording. Thank you.

Enjoy, it was a fantastic show and a fantastic experience being there. Hope you can all at least experience a part of that.

Finally, since this is my first torrent of any kind please be patient if anything goes wrong.

Dedicated to butterking for never giving up on me despite having to listen to several years worth of reasons not to do this.