Jambands.ca

Pitchfork Top 50 Albums of 2007

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Pitchfork have released their Top 50 Albums of 2007 list. It's a very ecclectic list, which in fact does stay true to Pitchfork's usual tastes.

I question the choice of the winning album. I had it on my mp3 player for a while, but I don't think I ever really got into it. I certainly would not have seen this choice coming.

Then again, Pitchfork tend to pick albums that pass the test of time and rarely age over the immediate toe-tappers.

As a reference point, here are past winners:

2006: The Knife "Silent Shout"

2005: Sufjan Stevens "Illnoise"

2004: Arcade Fire "Funeral"

2003: The Rapture "Echoes"

2002: Interpol "Turn On The Bright Lights"

2001: Microphones "The Glow, pt.2"

2000: Radiohead "Kid A"

My "score" is 22...and about only six(Battles,White Stripes,Liars,Okkervil River,Deerhunter,The National)I truly loved.

Bullshit cool club call on the Bon Iver making the list(although I'm really looking forward to it in February).It was really only a very small release in 2007...personal really(I think..have to check that).I fucking hate it when inside track industry releases make it onto best of lists.Best of lists should use the most widely distributed release date as their calendar position...not "you know the guy in the band and he gave it to you so you are obviously superior to the rest of the planet" release dates.

Yes that would be one (but lets be honest Thom and the boys can do no wrong in the eyes of the indie hipster even if its boring as fack), Animal Collective is another and this MIA thing has me dumbfounded it sucks so bad but gets so much press.....

And how did the White Stripes not crack the Top 20? That disc is phenonmenal!

Sean