Jambands.ca

Employee Review!

c-towns

I've got a pretty important review coming up this week which may make or break my career with the current company I am employed with.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I am going to obtain the raise I think I deserve?

Has anyone used the "I have an offer from a rival competitor" technique as a bargaining tactic?

Just make sure you go in prepared to prove to them why your worth what your asking for. Have examples of how your job description has evolved, speak to new tasks/responsibilities you've taken on and basically build a case for yourself. Cover some of your accomplishments as well dude.

As a Director of Operations who does about 40 performance reviews every year, I could not agree with Gateaux more. Yes, I know you're a good employee, but my memory isn't going to hold onto all the details of each and every employee. I need my employees to tell me in as great detail as they can what they have personally accomplished this year, what they brought to the team environment, where they are in relation to the measurable aspects of their job. (85% on guest satisfaction, 76% of sales targets, 10% under budget, etc). Numbers, measurements and acheivements talk more than how you "feel" you've contributed.

Use this time to prepare. Good luck.

cost of living increases are based on CPI (consumer price index), the increase in how much you pay for stuff... 2.5% this year.

http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjects/Cpi/cpi-en.htm

bottom line, ask for more than you want. but don't be ridiculous.

"i want $200,000, a car allowance, and hookers on long weekends."

good luck!

currently, my employer is transitioning to new German ownership... i feel a bit like homer, "we were talking about chocolate?"