Jambands.ca

Tempting deal to fly to Ottawa for nero...

Basher

You're also going to need to get to and from the aiport.

http://www.ottawa-airport.ca/AirportServices/otherTransportation-e.php

says an average taxi fare to/from downtown is $25, and lists the hotel shuttle as being $8/person (for three people) to $14/person (for one person) each way. It's easy on the bus, though (the #97 goes from the aiport to the Rideau Centre, which is walking distance to the Westin, Novotel, and DaysInn, and costs $3/person). (I'm not sure about renting a car, though.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Well, that changes things even further! Only issue is that to get this deal we would have to depart Ottawa at 9:45am on Sunday. Does the 97 run that often?

I think it runs every 15 minutes on Sunday morning, starting 'way earlier than that. Check

http://www.octranspo.com/Timetables_DB/Future_TT/main.asp?route=97&wday=sun&dir=0〈=eng

You'll be leaving from MacKenzie King (i.e., the Rideau Centre).

Aloha,

Brad

I don't understand how an airline can offer a ticket for $40.16 and have it come to $115 with taxes and fees. It's the travel-standard. A week in Jamaica, $689 (plus $399 taxes and fees)!

How is it that they are allowed to advertise like that? Can I advertise that guitar lessons are only $7, but with taxes and fees it comes to $20? Maybe I'll buy a new car! They're going for $700! Oh darn, add those taxes and fees and the price jumps to $18,000.

wow!

so one way would be $60 total !?

I was just thinking today that I might make the trip for the Friday night show and then drive back to TO with mooose on the Saturday

that's almost too cheap NOT to consider

now to get the Saturday off work

I like Porter air as they fly out of the Island airport, but I just checked their prices and it's $79 before taxes, etc.

I don't understand how an airline can offer a ticket for $40.16 and have it come to $115 with taxes and fees. It's the travel-standard. A week in Jamaica, $689 (plus $399 taxes and fees)!

How is it that they are allowed to advertise like that? Can I advertise that guitar lessons are only $7, but with taxes and fees it comes to $20? Maybe I'll buy a new car! They're going for $700! Oh darn, add those taxes and fees and the price jumps to $18,000.

$7 guitar lessons!? That's a deal. I'll take 2 please.

Searched Air Canada for the nero dates...

Leave Toronto 1:10PM on Friday, fly back 11:00PM on Sunday night. No checked baggage, no changes, no Aeroplan miles and the flight comes to $9 each way plus taxes and fees, for a grand total of $90.65 per person, ALL IN.

Now this I can get on board with! Just gotta wait for Patchoulia to get home to convince her.

Edited by Guest