Jambands.ca

Radiohead North American Tour Takes Shape (No dates yet)

TimmyB

From www.billboard.com

Radiohead North American Tour Takes Shape

Radiohead

January 09, 2008, 11:15 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

There's no dates or venues yet, but Radiohead has confirmed the cities for its North American summer tour. The first leg will come prior to the band's summer European jaunt, which begins June 6 in Dublin, while the second leg will start after the European dates end July 8 in Berlin.

Radiohead last toured in 2006, when it debuted a host of the material that eventually appeared on "In Rainbows."

As reported earlier, that album overtook the No. 1 spot this week on The Billboard 200, after debuting prematurely last week due to street date violations.

Here are the cities for the Radiohead tour:

Atlanta

Boston

Charlotte, N.C.

Chicago

Cleveland

Dallas

Houston

Indianapolis

Los Angeles

Miami

Montreal

New York

Philadelphia

San Diego

San Francisco

Santa Barbara, Calif.

Seattle

St. Louis

Tampa, Fla.

Toronto

Vancouver

Washington, D.C.

I am looking forward to the dates for these shows.

Peace,

Tim

It will depend on which leg of the tour they will put Toronto into?

Personally I hope it's not a small venue tour as last time. I was lucky enough to get tickets for both Hummingbird Centre gigs, but the first show was a tough one for me and I would rather them play a venue that will fit most of their fans.

First leg it will likely be the Air Canada Centre, second leg it will likely be the Molson Amphitheatre, though I agree that they could fill BMO Field.

Peace,

Tim

Soccer fields, or football fields for all of you people living in the rest of the world, are as wide as they are deep. I was at the Genesis BMO Field show and it definitely looked like 25,000 people were in there.

The Molson Amphitheatre capacity is 16,000 and The Air Canada Capacity is likely under 20,000 unless the promoter sets up rear stage seating.

Peace,

Tim

Soccer fields, or football fields for all of you people living in the rest of the world, are as wide as they are deep.

well no, that's not correct. soccer fields are rectangular.

but for you toronto peoples' sake i hope they play there, sounds pretty cool regardless of the shape of the venue

that 2003 show definitely was amazing! it was Thom versus the Insects during Everything in its Right Place.

great show

Bjork played at the Cartier Pier this past summer, that was a cool place for a show too. Isn't Jean Drapeau a giant swimming facility now after the world championships were there a couple years ago?

Soccer fields' date=' or football fields for all of you people living in the rest of the world, are as wide as they are deep. [/quote']

well no, that's not correct. soccer fields are rectangular.

but for you toronto peoples' sake i hope they play there, sounds pretty cool regardless of the shape of the venue

My bad, I should have said nearly as wide as they are deep. They are definitely a lot more wide than a North American football field.

Peace,

Tim

that 2003 show definitely was amazing! it was Thom versus the Insects during Everything in its Right Place.

great show

Bjork played at the Cartier Pier this past summer, that was a cool place for a show too. Isn't Jean Drapeau a giant swimming facility now after the world championships were there a couple years ago?

Drapeau has swimming facilities, but it's also where Osheaga is held. Easily space for 20+ thousand there. Pretty nice space too. Cartier pier is apparently good too though.

What was the sound like at the BMO Field for the Genesis show? It's hard to believe that a soccer field could sound as good as an amphitheatre built for concerts. Having said that, I've definitely had some crappy sound experiences at the Molson Amphitheatre.

I'm not really a big Radiohead fan, but am wondering what the appeal of the BMO field is. Or is it simply a venue size issue?

Peace, Mark

i just hope it's earlier because I dont want it to be a late summer outdoor event in TO. seeing them at the amphitheater would be a big let-down. and if the Genesis show at BMO last year is any indication, half the crowd will just be getting to their seats as the band comes back for their encore.

What venue do you think they would play in Toronto? You'd think in the summer an outdoor venue is preferred, and if so, I wouldn't be surprised if they play BMO Field.

BMO Field would be cool, but why not play directly across the road in a real amphitheatre for two nights instead of breaking in a new venue not designed for concerts?

... why not play directly across the road in a real amphitheatre for two nights instead of breaking in a new venue not designed for concerts?

because the amphitheatre is a horrible venue? the acc is a much better concert venue.

fwiw, the BMO stadium is owned by Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment Ltd and was designed as a multi-purpose venue. the lack of seats at the north end, as well as the placement of the scoreboard was specific to allow for an inhouse concert stage. there are also wiring troughs under the field.