Jambands.ca

Musicians Wanted: Linux Caffe in Toronto

DevO

Hello all,

I work at the cozy Linux Caffe. Its great little spot, filled with artists, students, revolutionists and computer geeks. We are supporters of local arts and trade, and very much interested in community building initiatives too. Besides that we make delicious homemade food and baked goods (mostly vegan), etc.

We've done live music events in the past, but we are looking to make live music a much more regular event at the cafe.. Up to 4 times a week. The owner was involed in film for 20+ years doing cinematography, stage design, etc etc, and has a lot of technical know-how and good sense of how sound travels and whatnot.

So here's the deal:

- We give you a meal and all you can drink fancy coffees

- You pass a hat around and get some money

- We provide a casual, comfy setting with capacity of about 20 for you to practice your chops and your various side projects or main projects

- We're looking for mainly acoustic music, or ambient-ish music; maximum 2 performers

- eclectic instrumentation encouraged (not necessary though.. basically both the owner and i like to see and hear different sorts of instruments)

Other interesting endeavours:

- We sell local independent music on consignment. Come in and drop off some of your stuff to sell! There are also plans in the works to eventually enable people to come in and make custom made mixed cds compiled of all the local music we have on tap, for a small fee - a new twist on the consignment idea.

- There is also a rotating art exhibition. I think the walls are all booked for the next several months but the ceiling is available.. Yes, there will be art on the ceiling. I think one guy is making a giant caffeine molecule right now to hang up.

Linux Caffe - http://linuxcaffe.ca

326 Harbord St. (at Grace) .... by Bickford Park

416-534-2116

If you are interested in playing at the Linux Caffe, drop me a line anytime. :)

I'd be interested (if you were) sometime late this winter or early spring. It's all original instrumental acoustic and loops etc. http://www.myspace.com/jrobinsonmusic

Also the lead singer and I could do an acoustic duo thing sometime too from here (although I'd have to clear it with him): http://www.myspace.com/theharmonictide

cheers,

J

Edited by Guest

Hey Jay - I will check with the boss about having a threesome. It would be pretty tight quarters but it may be possible. What is the instrumentation?? Just wondering, in terms of space.

Jayr, sounds great! We'd love to have either you solo, or you with the singer. Both, actually! When's good for you? (Not on Wednesdays)

Hey Jay - I will check with the boss about having a threesome. It would be pretty tight quarters but it may be possible. What is the instrumentation?? Just wondering, in terms of space.

Jayr, sounds great! We'd love to have either you solo, or you with the singer. Both, actually! When's good for you? (Not on Wednesdays)

Thanks! We've got a gig tonite so I"ll talk to him about it and get back to you this week with some dates.

Cheers,

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...