Jambands.ca

photo forum

phorbesie

when it was being set up, a while back, bouche asked myself and (as far as i know) a couple others who had been and were shooting consistently to be contributors to that forum - more for organizational sake, i believe.

not to exclude anyone from posting photos - i'd say thats kind of ridiculous, considering everything else that guy allows and encourages us to do around here.

reason being is that i don't have the hard drive space to allow anyone to post photos. i toyed with the idea of taking a small subscription fee for the priviledge, but there are many free galleries out there that people can use and then post here.

if i setup a subscription fee, that would help offset the cost of added harddrive space, but who would be willing to contribute?

gotcha. does it take up a different amount of space to post the photo in that forum, rather than in this forum? cuz we seem to post photos freely in this forum, at least i do! or should i not? :o

i'm fine with emailing or PMing you a photo if i want it posted in there, if that's ok with you?

does it take up a different amount of space to post the photo in that forum, rather than in this forum? cuz we seem to post photos freely in this forum, at least i do! or should i not? :o

yes - because photos posted in these forums are hosted elsewhere - photos posted in that forum are hosted by bouche's hard drive space.

phorbs. it is different. I can attach and upload and host images here...other users cannot (unless I explicitely set them up to do so). The photo forum only shows images uploaded here.

I could setup a photo forum to post links to your other galleries if that is what you want. That is a very good idea if it gets used, but it won't show in the sidebar like the photo forum content does.

i understand, that's cool. i don't have the savvy to be messing around with websitey stuff here anyway, if i was able/set up for it.

so, i was now thinking of just making a thread called "Music Pics" in here, then people could add a photo (hosted elsewhere) if they took a photo at a show, that way all the photos could be in one place rather than in a million different threads. which is the idea of the photo forum, i think!

if there was a forum for music pics that we could post in, i know i'd use it. i guess it amounts to almost the same thing as if i make a "Music Pics" thread here, except it's more visible (or maybe it isn't (?)...i know some people don't like visiting other forums, only this one). i don't know how hard or time-consuming it is for you to make a new forum, so either way is OK with me.

Edited by Guest

this is a bit off topic but, since you were talking about hosting pics on other sites; i thought i'd ask.

i've been having trouble making my avatar work (as you can see to the left). could anyone explain how to make this work? i'm not the most tech savvy person and would appreciate any help.

this is a bit off topic but, since you were talking about hosting pics on other sites; i thought i'd ask.

i've been having trouble making my avatar work (as you can see to the left). could anyone explain how to make this work? i'm not the most tech savvy person and would appreciate any help.

You and I should get ourselves a subforum Killa. Or Bouche should draft us up some coles notes on jambands.ca for dummies. I've been having this issue for a while now. I just gave up trying to figure it out. Really, I came to terms that I'm not computer savvy and am not likely to reach 'Legend' status or to become a 'World Idol'