Jambands.ca

Sushi Shop

bouche

www.sushishop.ca

I tried out the sushi shop today with some work friends and it was excellent. It's originated in Quebec and actually all over the province. They've opened their first franchise in Ottawa on Sparks St. (beside Hoops/Yesterday's).

Worth giving a shot. You can even call ahead and place your order if you are in a rush. There isn't much room to eat there. It's more of a take-out. but it is very good and reasonably priced.

• 4 months later...

we just got a to-go sushi place in the glebe! finally sushi in the glebe, yay. i tried it once and it was not bad considering...i mean it'll do in a pinch. it just felt weird watching 2 white teenagers try to make sushi. they should keep that behind a curtain or wall.

on the other hand, i stopped into lapointe today for a salmon roll and that was awesome. i could really taste the nori and it was yummy.

MIGA on Bank isn't bad...and they give you free sides (when you ask for them). They are Korean so you can get good Kimchee.

I was out at Sushi Kan 2 weeks ago, all you can eat sushi for about $22...wasn't impressed, but I don't eat fish anymore so I wouldn't be the best judge, it was all about quantity and not quality

There seems to be an influx of korean/japanese restaurants (that's an "and" not on "or). There's two opening in chinatown, and there's a bunch already open.

I guess sushi is hotly contested as a japanese invention, the way multiple middle eastern cultures lay claim to falafel and to baklava.

i've got a sushi shop near my work here and i really dig it

I've hit that one up a couple of times. It's great for road trip food. Grab your cooler and head to the sushi shop. 2 hours or so into your drive, you've got a sushi picnic.

There seems to be an influx of korean/japanese restaurants (that's an "and" not on "or). There's two opening in chinatown, and there's a bunch already open.

I guess sushi is hotly contested as a japanese invention, the way multiple middle eastern cultures lay claim to falafel and to baklava.

korean bbq is fun!!

Mmm I love Korean food.

In Korea, they eat grape leaves with their BBQ. They fry some meat and some veggies, then they take some rice, meat, veggie and a sauce and wrap in the grape leave and it eat.

So good. If you can find grape leaves, bring them with you next time you go.

They also eat really spicy and dried little minnows that are really gross.