Jambands.ca

Bobby loves his short shorts..

captainsunshine

Hey y'all! I'm bored, and nothing would cheer me up more than seeing Bob Weir in full short shorts glory!

If any of you have any pictures of ol' Bobby sporting his extremely short and above all AWESOME shorts, I would love to see them! Please help me out! ;)

I'll start us out with a few of my favorites..

(Complete with fanny pack!)

bshorts3.jpg

(..not once, but TWICE!)

bshorts2.jpg

(take notice of how his socks almost match his shirt..)

bshorts1.jpg

bshorts.jpg

BobWeirNYStateFair.jpg

(maybe the shortest I've seen..)

bobbyshortshorts.jpg

bobby.jpg

Bob20Weir20and20Michael.jpg

By the way, if you're wondering if I'm obsessed with the short shorts, the answer is YES!

Oh hell yeah!!

I had no idea of Kevin's love for the short shorts! That definitely makes me smile!

At a free show DSO played in Yellow Springs this past summer, some friends and I brought some scissors up to the stage and asked a jeans-clad Rob Eaton if he would give us the pleasure of some man-made short shorts and he laughed at us and said no.. Now I know who to go to when in need of the short shorts visual along with the music!!

Thanks! That's awesome!

LOL...just found this, it came up on urbandictionary while i was looking for a pic:

1. Weirs

A pair of very short shorts worn by a male in the style of Grateful Dead guitarist Bobby Weir. Preferably with "Ranger Rick" style pockets on the side, but plain khaki will suffice. Normally attired during the summer months and accompanied with a tank top.

Friend 1: Hey dude, check out these new shorts. Good thing I have tan thighs.

Friend 2: Totally, sweet pair of weirs!

LOL...just found this, it came up on urbandictionary while i was looking for a pic:

1. Weirs

A pair of very short shorts worn by a male in the style of Grateful Dead guitarist Bobby Weir. Preferably with "Ranger Rick" style pockets on the side, but plain khaki will suffice. Normally attired during the summer months and accompanied with a tank top.

Friend 1: Hey dude, check out these new shorts. Good thing I have tan thighs.

Friend 2: Totally, sweet pair of weirs!

That's just plain awesome! Definitely going to be a big part of my vocabulary now! Haha! :grin:

Anyways, after a lot of research, a friend of ours thinks that this is the first Bobby short shorts sighting (even though they're not as short as I prefer, but they have a heady slit up the side that satisfies)..

It's Egypt 1978.. If any of you have any earlier proof of the short shorts, I would love to know!

bobbypyramid.jpg

dcband.jpg

hey captain..did you take this pic yourself?

It looks like Shoreline (Mountain View, CA) from May `92, I was there for those shows and took some pics and it looks a lot like one that I took!

(well, except a lot better!!! haha)

Those were the last Grateful Dead shows I saw before getting busted at the border a couple weeks later :(

ccf2403200700005zr5.jpg

Edited by Guest
It was morning and i was still asleep

• 2 weeks later...

no I was sick as a dog returning from vegoose that night arriving in toronto to find that aircanada lost my luggage, it wasn't a good night...

plus the captain and I didn't even know each other at this point...

I was hoping to make that show though until the above happened...

great pic! :)

the captain and I didn't even know each other at this point...

Nope, I hadn't ever been to Canada at that point!

Great picture though! Every time I've seen Bobby in the past few years, he's teased me with those almost-short-shorts!

Someone needs to remind him how awesome he looks in cut-offs, and maybe he'll break them out again soon!