Jambands.ca

moe. tour....

celticwolfsun

I really really hope they play the ottawa blues fest again!

I'd love to see it but I doubt it. I'd think that moe. would have liked the bluesfest as a way to expand their audience beyond the normal crowd of hippies and enthusiasts. I don't think that happened for them last year as it was pretty much only the "moe." crowd watching them. Plus, they were only given that crappy 1 hour set. They barely got warmed up. moe. should have been on one of the smaller stages. Oddly, they probably would have gotten better exposure that way.

I haven't seen moe. in years! I was hoping to go tonight but I slacked on getting tickets. It was sold out weeks ago. Have a fun show and drive safe!

As a side note, the last time I had tix to moe. was last year and the whole town got shut down due to a storm-in October!

Holy Fack! I just got home, what a hot show! Rec Chem encore was outta control! She sends me, Akimbo, The Road, 32 Things, Hi Lo, Sticks and Stones, Z, George, Raise a Glass also in the mix.

KK, didn't see you. Hope you had a great time.

Jakis, great meeting you enjoy Philly!

I got some amazing pics. Will post after sleep.

Im not too sure about the words mediocre there Fluff... Akimbo and then 32 Thing sin the first set I bet were smokin...

was reading along on PT last night and heard the Road>Z naughtz> the road was on fire...

soem goes for the Disco George with the lights on the disco ball...

and who's not gonna have fun with a rec chem encore...

but thats just from someone not at the show... anyone?

I was feeling a little tension vibe on the stage last night as well as at the instore. Petrhaps someone was under the weather. The Z0Z and George with the disco ball was such a hard jam. The opening was tight as well. But I have to agree they did slow it up at times. Agreed, it does look better on paper come to think of it!

Had a great time at the show last night. We rolled in at 8:20 and got in line in the cold. Glad i didn't leave my coat in the car!

Went to the bar and grabbed a couple of drinks and warmed up. Went in and got a nice spot down on the floor about 10 people back. They started at around 9:30. I really dug the SSM, Akimbo opener. I listened to moe. a lot when Headseed and No Doy came out and it was good to hear these old nuggets.

Sticks and Stones really brought things down at the beginning. The song started to get a bit repetitive and was so basic. However, it all of a sudden started to build and layer, especially with Al's wonky guitar leads/solo. It really got up there and then busted into 32 things which really got the place hoppin'! The ZOZ with the big mirror ball got good and dirty.

Back out to the bar for a couple of setbreak drinks. My buddy and I were commenting on how enjoyable the first set was and we'd have gotten our money's worth and could go home. Mind you, who's gonna forgo a second set???

Did the second set up at the back of the venue. Love the Town Ballroom ... the sightlines and sound are spectacular up there as they are on the floor. Great job with the sound and lights last night. Made it to the end of George and into Big World. As 12:30 rolled around we decided we had better hit the road. Hated missing the Rec Chem encore, but we were exhausted by then and had to work today :(

phunkyb, sorry i missed you too ... same goes for Jakis. I wish I could have stayed overnight and had some more time to party outside of the show. Oh well, next time.

After listening to The Conch and Sticks&Stones yesterday i realized how much better (IMHO) The Conch is.

some of the best moe. i've seen. Especially the boston show! more later. just got in and in need of sleep.

02/01/08 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA

Set I: Head> Darkness> St. Augustine> Good Trip> Spaz Medicine, The Pit> Head

Set II: Jazz Wank> Timmy Tucker> Can't Seem To Find, Deep This Time> Gone, September> Buster

Encore: Raise A Glass, Faker> Timmy Tucker

02/02/08 Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA

Set I: Crab Eyes, Queen of Everything, Understand, All Roads Lead to Home> Waiting For The Punchline, Brent Black> Bring You Down> Brent Black

Set II: Skrunk> Lazarus, Lost Along the Way> Brittle End, Four> Yodelittle> Rebubula

Encore: Raise A Glass, Captain America