A few more Spades w/ Good Rev dates

TheGoodRev

Some more dates added, here's the whole lot:

Thu Feb 7 LopLops - Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Fri Feb 8 Townhouse - Sudbury, ON

Sat Feb 9 London Music Club - London, ON

Sat Feb 16 Red Dog - Peterborough, ON

Sat Feb 23 Civitan Club - Perth, ON

Sun Feb 24 Black Sheep Inn - Wakefield, PQ (matinee)

Sat Mar 1 Horseshoe Tavern - Toronto, ON

I've done two so far and they've been a good time, playing pedal steel and guitar. Even sang a bit. Come on out, if you please.

I must say that I've never heard the Spades before. But this piqued my interest. I like what I've heard so far on their web site.

Also check out what's available at

http://www.archive.org/details/JamesMcKentyandTheSpades

And I'm a fan of the pedal steel so this sounds good.

I think James played a lap steel on one or two songs at a Dekcuf show in November.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

It depends if my wife wants to go to this or not. If not, I'd be happy to provide a lift. I'll let you know.

hey BWM...maybe we should finally make this our "play-date" and bring all 4 kids to seed the dance floor with, given the early afternoon start time. Are kids allowed in at that time, do you think? The "youth" price suggests it, non?

Brad, if we do go, p'haps we can squeeze you in between the girls in the back seat.

And Aaron...it'd simply rock to see ya!!!!

It depends if my wife wants to go to this or not. If not' date=' I'd be happy to provide a lift. I'll let you know. [/quote']

hey BWM...maybe we should finally make this our "play-date" and bring all 4 kids to seed the dance floor with, given the early afternoon start time. Are kids allowed in at that time, do you think? The "youth" price suggests it, non?

Brad, if we do go, p'haps we can squeeze you in between the girls in the back seat.

And Aaron...it'd simply rock to see ya!!!!

Sounds good to me. Let's aim for that. Kids 12 and under are free.

• 2 weeks later...

What time are you planning to go....? We'll most likely arrive for a late lunch/early dinner.

hmm....haven't really thought about it. I suppose that I'd like to get there around 3:45 to ensure that we get a table. If the weather is okay (the forecast is -1) it might make sense to head to wakefield earlier and check out the stores, walk around, etc...

I guess we'll grab dinner at the Black Sheep - they have decent food there.

might want to call ahead to confirm that - the last couple of times i've been the menu has been a take out menu from other wakefield restaurants as the kitchen at the sheep wasn't available for various reasons...

that could be resolved by now, but just in case.

Pleasure to meet Big Wooly Mammoth and family, Northern Wish, niceto see mooooose again after such a long time, and of course always a pleasure to run into BradM. The show was a little different than the others I've played with the boys - we had to reign it in volume-wise (and hence energy-wise) because of the setting. The set still felt good, just a little subdued. Oh, and Jim called for Pirate Radio, which is a tune that I know to hear but we've never rehearsed, but we did it anyway. I'm slowly becoming more and more comfortable with the dozens of Spades tunes I've had to commit to memory over the past three weeks or so...and I can't wait for this Saturday at the Horseshoe! Hope to see some familiar faces out.

Oh and Brad...I eagerly await the recording from today...I want to assess it, football team-style, and learn from mistakes. I should mention that your recordings have been a big help to me in learning this band's massive catalogue...we've only rehearsed together once and the rest has been up to me, so thanks for that.