Jambands.ca

The Worst Song (and Video) of The Decade- screw the remaining two years!!

Jaimoe

There's many candidates. Songs by Fergie like "Clumbsy", Britney Spears' latest "Piece of Me" and some obnoxiously catchy crap from Gwen Stefani like "Now That You Got It" or "Holla Back Girl".

However the winner (or loser depending on which way you look at it) is Ashlee Simpson's latest "Outta My Head". It's a non-song: strung together verses and no chorus to speak of. Check out the Blade Runner hommage if you can make it to the middle of the video. The song gets more terrible as it goes. I sat at work in astonished horror the first time I saw the video just last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsulZKXFxK8

The 80's has nothing to do with this decade and topic, although I think the 80's contains the worst music in recorded popular music.

I was commenting on the video you posted, which is obviously inspired by music and videos produced in the 1980's--low tech, choppy, retro colour schemes...that type of thing. So, yes, the 80's to me, has a lot to do with this topic. I have no idea where this decade came into play, I was talking only about the video you posted.

Although I think a lot(a really huge lot) of shit music was produced in the 80's, it was not all crap. Come on, Glass Tiger was a great band...

And "that song" is currently rising up the charts. I realize charts mean nothing to you folks, but the success will prompt Ashlee to put out more albums, and this is unacceptable.

I see this as a positive. It will work to keep all of the friggin hosebag fans out of the shows that i like to see. We need more dave matthews bands to get the polo wearing, talk during the music, beemer driving losers out of the good shows!!!

jaimoe, what exactly IS your job, and how do i get it?

Well, since CTV took over, you have to apply to the Human Resources department. Apply for jobs in Operations like master control/ingest operator, VTR, tape-op. I monitor commercial and program content for 6 music networks, ingest into a massive server programs and commercials, do live show switching on occasion, make sure video keys are correct, act as a liason with producers and production to make sure the right programming goes to air etc... Other than that, I write music reviews for Jambands and watch lots of sports. I actually want a new career, but I'm pretty much to old and too entrenched in supporting my wife's school and future career path to make a switch.

I'm at an advantage (depending at how you look at it) of seeing tons of videos per hour, but 70% are brutal. The channels Loud/Vibe and Retro have good videos, but PunchMuch, Much and MuchMore program awful shit, except for the odd Shins, Blue Rodeo, Ryan Adams and other videos of that ilk.