Jambands.ca

What's a Good Incentive Gift?

Ms.Huxtable

I thought of using a shuffle for audiobooks' date=' but how do you know what spot you left at? With no display, I cannot move to 2:46 into my audio. I'd have to listen, fast forward, listen.... no good for me.[/quote']

Wherever you stop listening, it 'bookmarks' that spot and resumes playing it there next time you play the file. Same function for all iPods. You can fiddle with the options in iTunes.

Try it out, it works.

More info for you

What if you want to take a break from listening to your book and listen to some tunes? Or the battery dies?

I've been listening to my first audiobook on my mp3 player and the above scenarios wreak havoc.

i don't know why it isn't working for you. Is your audiobook an audiobook or an mp3? (I'm not here to troubleshoot, you can probably figure it out yourself :) )

iPod shuffle allows you to bookmark audio books purchased from Audible.com (files with a .aa extension) and the iTunes Store (files with a .M4B extension). If you stop or pause one of these spoken word files, iPod shuffle will automatically bookmark that spot. The next time you play that file, it will start playing from the bookmarked spot.

Bookmarks sync to and from iTunes, meaning you can listen to an audio book on iPod shuffle or in iTunes (on the computer that's synced with iPod shuffle) from where you last stopped listening. The bookmarked spot that is further along, whether in iPod shuffle or iTunes, becomes the effective bookmark.

To force iTunes to set the bookmark, play an audio book in iTunes, play another song in iTunes, and then update iPod shuffle.

Bookmarks are not available for audio books or spoken word files in any other file format (such as MP3) than the two formats mentioned.

I thought of using a shuffle for audiobooks' date=' but how do you know what spot you left at? With no display, I cannot move to 2:46 into my audio. I'd have to listen, fast forward, listen.... no good for me.[/quote']

Wherever you stop listening, it 'bookmarks' that spot and resumes playing it there next time you play the file. Same function for all iPods. You can fiddle with the options in iTunes.

Try it out, it works.

More info for you

How does the iPod shuffle know when I've fallen asleep?

a $100 'Carrot'??

How about one more day off?

Pay a bill? One month of Car Insurance would be nice. A Prepaid Mastercard with $80 on it? (they usually cost $20 for a setup fee I think...

The gift idea is nice but when it comes down to it someone can say 'I'll just buy myself something nice - fuck it' which goes around the 'above and beyond' idea but I think you'd have more people really try to win if it were a bit more relevant than a gift certificate or gadget.

I like Boko's petrocan card idea. (What if they don't drive??)

Trying to get you a raise,

.r.

FWIW, just to maybe embellish the gift certificate idea, where I work the incentives come as certificates to giftcertificates.ca , where you can then redeem the certificates for gift cards from a variety of businesses (HMV, Future Shop, The Keg, Harry Rosen, The Gap, Chapters, etc.). This way , whoever gets the incentive can ultimately get something that is taylored to their personal interests and what is available in their area.

Edited by Guest