Jambands.ca

What's a Good Incentive Gift?

Ms.Huxtable

Is the program intended to reward "above and beyond the call" work effort? A good suggestion might be a gift certificate (up to $100, say) for dinner for two at a good restaurant. (That way, it can sort of make up for late nights and unanticipated overtime.)

Aloha,

Brad

That's a tough price range to work with. You can't just go ahead and buy booze either, which most people would love, but dangerous for recovering alcoholics.

The shuffle is a good little gadget for the price range. My suggestion would be to have a catalog or list of things that someone could choose from. We had something like that here. After a project is complete, team members get to choose something from a certain group of items. Depending on the project size, it might be a more expensive group.

I'm not sure if they still do that since I haven't seen a project complete from start to finish in a really long time.

I like the digital picture frame idea. They're still priced just out of range though.

The purpose is to create an incentive program for agents to book business with us (book 10 clients, get a free ipod, free room night, ???)

The reward should speak to the high end product that we are. We also have a pretty strong energy saving department so giving out gas cards might not align itself very well.

I've been using iPods for promotions here, and people have been going apeshit for them. No joke.

We've used Future Shop gift cards too - everyone can find something they want from there - but you have to worry about tax details.

We just received digital photo frames, which was a good idea.

Good idea. You can also get portable DVD players (w/screen) in the same price range.

As for the ipod shuffle, at the same price point you can get an "off brand" mp3 player w/video and more capacity. Not meaning to start an ipod debate, there's just better value for money out there.

I Was Placed On This Earth To Put Off Doing Something Extraordinary

Ever since I was born three weeks overdue, it was clear that there was something different about me. However, it wasn't until I postponed going into the ninth grade, just days before delaying my 16th birthday, that I realized what it is that makes me unique.

You see, I was placed on this earth to put off doing something extraordinary and I won't settle for holding up anything less.

I'm on a different path than most. A higher path. A path that takes numerous detours until one finds oneself, many months later, back where one first started. It's a long, hard road, but I know that if I just take things one lateral step at a time, I will at last defer achieving my true potential.

Mark my words: Nothing will get in the way of me getting things in the way of my goal.

Whether it's never finding the time to search for a cure for cancer, dedicating my life to abandoning the idea of helping those less fortunate so that I might instead watch The Game Show Network, or pushing aside the urge to start a family in order to spend time at the local bar, I take solace in knowing that I was meant to not follow through on something remarkable.

It's not the type of thing I can explain, especially not during my aimless daylong drives around town, or my spontaneous bouts of sitting in silence. It's more of a feeling I plan to someday put into words. Unlike other people, I know that when I surf the Internet for hours and hours, rather than simply killing time, I'm avoiding doing something truly spectacular.

I may not seem like much now, but someday everyone will see that I'll be more or less at the same place I am today. Many will count me out. They'll say that I don't have what it takes to stay focused on my dream, that I lack the determination to not succeed. Well, I can hardly wait to see the looks on their faces next year when I'm still five to seven years away from being something spectacular.

If I stay off task and dedicate myself 15 percent, I can become as big as the almost-greats of the past, the men who could've become Einstein, Galileo, or even Edison—men of limitless untapped potential who exhibited a nearly unparalleled capacity for procrastination. Like them, God has a plan for me. An amazingly vague plan that drags its feet and never really gets going until it's too late.

I guess you could say I'm one of the lucky ones.

Every morning when I wake up just as the sun is about to rise, before realizing how early it is and going back to bed, I have only one thing on my mind—getting a bit more shut-eye. I'm telling you, in time, I'm going to reschedule doing something so utterly amazing, I can't even start to think about it right now. Or later tonight, because that's when the Sanford And Son marathon is going to be on.

You only get one chance to delay the important things in life, and it's a chance I'm not going to hold up setting back unless I'm especially preoccupied.

What am I going to not do? Who knows? Maybe I'll procrastinate going into show business, or slack off becoming a world-renowned surgeon. Perhaps I'll put writing the Great American Novel on the back burner. Whatever happens, be assured that I will not rest until I've rested, and I will not start until I absolutely have to.

I am standing on the precipice of greatness, and I intend to stay there, even if it takes my entire lifetime.

Article

I think an iPod nano or full fledged iPod would be worth going apeshit over rather than a shuffle. I thought of using a shuffle for audiobooks, but how do you know what spot you left at? With no display, I cannot move to 2:46 into my audio. I'd have to listen, fast forward, listen.... no good for me.

Ollie is right in that there are music players that are more feature rich than the shuffle. But only on a major sale that I have ever seen. I haven't seen anything under $100 that can play video though.

Having a screen so you can select songs is a nice thing. Shuffle has no screen. I still don't get that.

I thought of using a shuffle for audiobooks, but how do you know what spot you left at? With no display, I cannot move to 2:46 into my audio. I'd have to listen, fast forward, listen.... no good for me.

Wherever you stop listening, it 'bookmarks' that spot and resumes playing it there next time you play the file. Same function for all iPods. You can fiddle with the options in iTunes.

Try it out, it works.

More info for you

I thought of using a shuffle for audiobooks' date=' but how do you know what spot you left at? With no display, I cannot move to 2:46 into my audio. I'd have to listen, fast forward, listen.... no good for me.[/quote']

Wherever you stop listening, it 'bookmarks' that spot and resumes playing it there next time you play the file. Same function for all iPods. You can fiddle with the options in iTunes.

Try it out, it works.

More info for you

What if you want to take a break from listening to your book and listen to some tunes? Or the battery dies?

I've been listening to my first audiobook on my mp3 player and the above scenarios wreak havoc.