Jambands.ca

Grammy's

phishtaper

I agree' date=' but it does suck for her if she becomes know only for that. [/quote']

I doubt that would happen. I remember hearing Mushaboom in a cologne or perfume commercial long before the "ipod song". I think she's wonderful and will continue to create great music long after the commercial success dies.

I think it was La Coste.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally like Feist. I'm quite proud of her being 32 and still having chart and video success in a shallow, youth/tart-driven market - and doing so on her own terms, Apple included. Her previous album, Let It Die, is her best because it doesn't suffer from the occasionally annoying whimsical R&B qualities and self-aware vocal style of her latest, The Reminder. All the gals in BSS are unbelievably talented, arguably moreso than the male core members.

completely agree.

I see Kanye as a mentally disabled kid who wants to sing, and everyone lets him. No matter how bad and embarrassing it is, everyone cheers him on because he's mentally challenged. However, what if the mentally challenged kid had an ego and thougth he was the king of the world?

guy's not a good singer (and he knows it, that's why he doesn't do it all that often), but he was trying to pay tribute to his recently-deceased mother, so i'll cut him some slack. and i won't call him mentally challenged because he's a good producer and a decent rapper.

Singer Natalie Cole had a few unforgettable words for Amy Winehouse after the troubled British singer took home five Grammy Awards Sunday night.

The New York Daily News reports that although Cole has also fought addictions to drugs and alcohol in the past, she told journalists at a Grammys after-party that she thought Winehouse was gifted but crazy.

"I don't think she deserved it," Cole said. "I think she needs to get her life together first and then get the awards later."

She also told People.com that "it's not right for her to be able to have her cake and eat it too ... She needs to get herself together." You don't get to just do your drugs and go onstage and get rewarded."

Former Beatle Ringo Starr, who was nearby and overheard Cole's remarks, quipped, "Man, those are some grapes," the News said.

Winehouse checked into rehab in London last month to deal with her addictions to drugs and alcohol. She didn't get her visa in time to travel to Los Angeles for the Grammys gala but performed via satellite from a studio in London.

Natalie Cole can shut her cakehole. Grammy's are awards for accomplishments in music, recording, production, etc. It has NOTHING to do with your personality or demons.

Fuck! Could you imagine if they stripped all the Grammys from artists who used drugs???? Get a grip Natalie ... and you're not one to talk either.

From wikipedia:

Natalie Cole won 8 Grammies over her career.

In 2000, Cole released an autobiography, Angel on My Shoulder, which described her battle with drugs during much of her life.

* In the book, Cole admitted to using LSD, heroin and crack cocaine.

* Cole said she began recreational drug use while attending the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

* She also disclosed that she was arrested in Toronto, Canada for possession of heroin in 1975.

* Cole continued to spiral out of control - including one incident where she refused to evacuate a burning building, and another where her young son Robert nearly drowned in the family swimming pool while she and her first husband, the late Reverend Marvin Yancy, were on a drug binge.[5] She did eventually enter rehab in 1983.[6]