Jambands.ca

Definately a good Fishing Year.

secondtube

glad to hear you had a good time up there!!!!! wish i could of made it......oh well next year i guess, i hear yoiu guys are thinking of flying into a lake, i would totally be up for that if ya wouldnt mind. Anyways just got home off night i will be up around 4 today, and i will give ya a ring when i wake up, to take care of some business if ya know what i mean. [smile]

willi, a 21 inch bass is very respectable...

depending on the girth, your definately around 4 pounds...

my biggest ever was a hair under 22 inches, it was probably just over 4 and a half pounds...

The one picture in the bottom of the collage, the younger kid, that is definately a four and a halfer...

Next spring i'm going to be organizing a jambands, jamhub fishing trip.

it'll be at a local (under four hours from Hamilton) fishing resort, including boats and motors ...

ITs going to be fun....

And yes Jay, we will be flying into a lake next summer...a plane can only hold four people (including the pilot) and one canoe....

Its around 300 a person, maybe a bit less...

if we got a second plane, maybe it could get less...

i want to fly into a remote lake so bad...no portages to the lake. just me and my buds on an untouched lake...

Sounds like fun?

nice willy, musta been a fat fish...

love those ones, usually the females...

where did ya catch it?

trevor, i wouldn't bother going up this weekend, its usually tough fishing before an encoming hurricane!!!!

could be good boating fun through...

rice holds some HUGE picks, just make sure you fish the weeds with jigs or other lures that drop into the mats...thats where the big pickeral and bass hide...

i'm not very good at fishing thick weeds, so i dont make it to rice often. Rice, chemong, and skubog are the toughest fishing for me...even Buckhorn was weed choked this year....

Stoney and Lower Buckhorn give ya a chance to fish open water, a lot more rock and less weed...

lemme know what your doing, i may be able to find out some stuff for ya if you are going up this weekend...

Looks like I'm still hitting Rice lake on Sunday. Seems like the weather should be ok. Weather anything is interested in biting or not is another story...

I'm not real good at fishing heavy weeds. I have a couple weedless jig heads, time to try those out I guess. Would you typically cast the jig and plop it along as you retrieve, or just jig straight down from the boat?

look for any pockets or breaks in the weeds, and try to plunk some heavy jigs in there...

or if your lucky, and can find some decent weed edges, opening up into semi open water (as there is no open water), definately jig those weed edges...

as for how to jig, just a slow, steady, with the odd pop, would suffice...

you should have a good time...remember, hit the weeds with spinnerbaits, and you'll find bass and pickeral...as the picks are always hiding in the weeds with the bass in Rice.

Archived