Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

I don't buy the fact that Wells is no good. Sure, he is probably overpaid...but no good? The guy is solid and will be around the .300-25-100 (avg, HR, RBI) by the end of the season. I think Rios will have the same #'s, and with Hill and Rolen they'll have two more .280-15-80 hitters.

While those aren't superstar #'s they aren't bad. And with the pitching they've been getting this season they may not need the superstar hitting.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't score runs! (But I agree with you - Wells is good). They said last night that they havent scored more than 5 runs in like 15 games. What the fuck!!! No amount of pitching is gonna get them through that. Maybe if they played in the National league west they'd finish in second.

Lincicum IS ripping it up for the Giants. Thanks for reminding me, Ive gotta have a word with Northern Wish...

And no, they shouldnt trade for a hitting stud, cuz as the old adage goes, "hitting is contagious," so even Chase Utley would come here and go o - 4 with RISP and none out.

It's too early to trade AJ, especially when they'd still need another starter, and that starter would be unproven. Chacin? No fucking way. Convert another pitcher from the pen? That doesn't make me feel too comfortable. I agree that A.J. needs to be traded, but not now. Casey Jannsen is out for the season don't forget.

Wells does not suck. His stats may suck compared to his salary but he is a good OF and only 29.

His season averages are 26 HR 98 RBI 10 SB .281 AVG

Granted he is not a super star but he is better than most and he likes playing in Toronto. Though I would move to TO for that cash too ;)

Personally I think it's ridiculous the money any pro athlete makes so they are all over paid.

Brutal game last night though. Friggen Shawn Camp...

And friggen offense. How many times did we get a runner to third with less than two outs and fail to score him?? I think at least three times, two of which were the bottom of the ninth and the bottom of the tenth. Balls.

This is where Gibbons comes in. Like him or not, hes a bad manager. Its up to him to get his guys in the proper mindset for these situations. He is either not saying the right things, or the team has tuned him out. There no excuse for a team to continue to make the same mistakes year in/year out.